Chapter 54

Star

Bourbon Street was having some sort of festivities and the streets are filled with people holding Hurricane cups and yelling drunkenly while jazz bands march and play their tunes. Overhead, thunder and lightning continue to rumble as a man and a woman happily walk arm in arm. The couple eventually makes their way down the street, passing Dahlia, who is standing on a corner with a black umbrella and who watches them as they turn down an alley. The man sings along with the music as they walk and laugh.

Suddenly, they come upon Klaus, who looks pale and weakened and the man takes a step back surprised. "Good evening, I wonder if you could help me? I'm feeling a bit famished" Klaus said "I'm sorry, I don't have any change" the man says. "Well, that's no problem, mate! I'll just help myself" Klaus says and lunges at the man and the girl quickly turn's to run off but I stand behind her. "It's not nice to run away from a man in need" I said to the lady.

Klaus stood behind her with smile on his face before biting in her neck and drinking her dry. Klaus lets her body drop as Dahlia joins us "you must be hungry, considering what you've endured" Dahlia says. "I've never been daggered, never knew it was such an agonizing experience. It does help explain why my siblings loathe me" Klaus said with a smile. "You'll need your strength for what's to come, both of you. I suggest you replenish yourself before the storm" she smirks.

Next to Dahlia were dozen of humans that stood in silence, waiting to be fed on. Klaus, with blood smeared around his mouth, grins in satisfaction and looks at me who smiles. Before I knew it human after human lays dead on the ground in front of our feet as the torrential rain soaks us. Dahlia, who is standing at Klaus' side, looks down at his victims with a smile "have you had your fill" she asked "indeed. I'm beginning to feel like my old self again" Klaus said and thunder crashes above him, and he looks up at the sky, allowing the rain to wash the blood off his face.

We head to the Bell tower and I change my clothes into dark jeans, a red shirt with my black leather jacket and left my hair down. I walked into the room where Klaus and Dahlia were. Klaus is looking out the window of the bell tower at the pounding rain, while Dahlia paces impatiently behind him. His phone rings, but when he sees who it is, he ignores the call.

"My deadline has come and gone, and yet you bring me here" Dahlia says "I find it fitting. This is where Freya plotted her own treachery" Klaus said and turned to her "when I brought Star back and granted her with the power to escape and remove the dagger, I assumed you both would thank me by taking swift and merciless action" she said mad.

"Don't blame us, you're the one who created this monsoon outside" I said leaning on a table nearby. Dahlia sighs "if you do not move swiftly I will be force to make you" Dahlia said to Klaus and me. "And how might you do that" Klaus asked, throwing his hands out of his side. Dahlia stood in front of me and rubbed her fingers in front of me, making me freeze in my spot.

Klaus looked at me confused before looking at Dahlia "what are you doing"? "Star may be a hunter but she also has a heart which means that she won't kill right away, so I made her. I turned off her emotions, making her only care for you and Hope" Dahlia said and snapped her fingers. I blinked a few times, looking around "well this feels different" I said and Klaus' face showed shock before it showed anger towards Dahlia "what did you do" Klaus said threw clinched teeth. "She will get her emotions back once you have Hope" Dahlia said.

I looked at them, listening to everything they were saying. Klaus sighed, but was still clearly angry. "This storm is to stop you family from running with the child! So, I wonder, are you having second thoughts about standing against them? They are the family, after all, who left you here to rot" Dahlia said. Klaus turns to face her and scowls at Dahlia. "I assure you, there are no second thoughts; I just don't like the fact that you turned my wife into a killing machine" Klaus growled.

"We struck a bargain for the benefit of your child, so that she would be delivered to me safely and be content by the presence of her father and mother. Make no mistake, I will take her with or without you two" Dahlia said. I took a step in between Klaus and Dahlia "let me make something very clear, witch. You will not take our child without at least one of us, you need us. We know the family better than anyone, their strengths, their weaknesses. They are a powerful and a determined lot! Perhaps capable of evading you for the short year you have until your slumber begins anew" I said mad.

I saw Klaus' smirk a little and Dahlia sighs in frustration, knowing that I was right. "You both may well lose everything. But, I know how to vanquish those who stand against us, and that is exactly what I intend to do" Dahlia said. "Fine by me, just as long as Hayley is left for me" I said. Dahlia sighs again and curls her hand into a fist, which reverses the spell that caused the storm. Klaus and I notice the wind has died down; he smiles "the storm has served its purpose. Now, enough delays. I will take what is owed to me, and if Hayley resists, or attempts to run, I will kill her myself" Dahlia said.

"I wouldn't worry about that" I said and turned to Klaus who smiled at me "we have a plan that is far worse than death" I said and Klaus and I left.

Pleas comment what you think. Also check out the video from book 1 of The Originals. Can you believe how far they've come?