Chapter 8

Lia

"Hey dad."

"Hey little mouse. How are you doing?" Dad greets back and I can hear through the phone that he expected my call. He sounds worried.

"I'm fine... Just wanted to talk to you."

"I'm guessing you had a visit. How did it go?"

"Fine, we talked for a while. He told me about... stuff. I just... I don't know what to do now." I sigh quietly, curling up in my armchair. I decided to call my dad while Blake gets ready for the party the team organized.

"Little mouse, you know I'm on your side no matter what you decide. But how are you feeling, now that you know about that?" Dad avoids talking directly about Razor and the reason of his visit, just in case the phone is tapped.

"I know, dad. I know. I'm... I don't know. I feel... like my life is about to crumble again. I'm afraid I'll lose everything." I feel tears brim my eyes at the mere thought of losing Blake or my dad. I wouldn't be able to take it if anything happened to them because of me. Not again.

"Oh, my poor baby. I can only imagine what you're going through right now. Do you want me to come to you? I can put off work for a while, you're more important." I chuckle at the soft tone of dad's voice. It's the tone that's reserved solely for me. I have never heard him talk so gently to anyone else.

"No, I'll be okay. You know I'm not weak. I just need some time to think about everything." I truthfully tell him, smiling internally. My dad is such an amazing man. It's a wonder he's still single.

I see Blake leave the bathroom, topless, with his skin still glistening from the shower and washed out jeans hanging low on his hips, revealing his deep v-line. He dries off his hair with a small tower, tousling it cutely. I gaze at him mesmerized; my talk with dad completely forgotten.

Shit, dad!

"Sorry, I got distracted. What were you saying?" I quickly turn my attention back to the phone, not missing Blake's amused laughter as he walks to the bedroom.

"I don't even want to know by what. – he chortles – You may be an adult, but for me you'll always be my little mouse. So, what are you guys up to? And I don't mean Cakey time. I do not want details on my daughter's sex life." I burst out laughing at this. Judging by dad's tone, he's cringing really hard right now.

"Dad, please! Like I would tell you about that. We're getting ready for a party. Well, Blake is, I'm just waiting for him. The team got into the state championships and they want to celebrate."

"You going to a party? I didn't think I would live to see the day." Dad laughs loudly, making me giggle. Oh, dad.

"Okay, dad, I would love to talk more, but Blake is ready and we've got to go. I'll call you soon, okay?" I decide to end the call when I see Blake already dressed, slowly walking up to me. He wraps his arms around my shoulders, kissing my head. I love how affectionate he is.

I put the call on speaker, letting dad speak to my man comfortably. "Hey, son. I heard you managed to get Lia to willingly go to a party. Impressive." Dad teases, making Blake chuckle.

"It wasn't easy. I had to use all my charms to get her to agree." Blake plays along, getting a small whine from me.

"Stop it!"

"Okay, okay. I'll let you go to your party. Have fun, kids. And little mouse, don't forget about your old father, alright?"

"How could I? I'll call you soon, okay? Love you, dad."