I Don't Have My Head Or Heart (Twenty-Six)

“Yes. Why are you here?” She asked, just as shocked as I was.

                “I came back home and I like going to the park sometime. Why are you here?”

                “I go to boarding school here, but it’s on a break for two months. I don’t have anywhere to go, so I sleep in this little well thing at day and play at night.” Hearing her say that broke my heart.

                “You can stay with me, sweetie.” I told her, taking her hand and helping her off of the swing.

                “Really?” Her blue eyes lit up.

                “Of course.” I told her. I turned around and began walking, still holding Sarah’s hand, I felt her take a step, I heard a ripping sound, and heard her stop. “What happened?”

                “My dress ripped!” It was true. The little frilly, pale pink dress was ripped down the side. “What am I going to do?” She had begun crying.

                “It’s okay sweetie, don’t you have any more clothes?”

                “No! I lost them.”

                “Let’s go to the store, we’ll buy some clothes for you.” I held her hand and we started walking to my car.

                “Thank you Lucia. Where is my brother?” That’s all it took to make me stop breathing. I thought quickly.

                “He’s at home.” I didn’t know if that was true, but it was all I could give her.

                “Why aren’t you there?” She asked as we got into the car.

                “I wanted to come here.” I told her as I started the car.

                “Why?” I was hoping she would not have asked that.

                “I’m not sure. I just did.”

                “Are you happy?”

                “I’m fine, sweetie.” I lied. I was not fine. I was broken. I was dead.

                “Good! I like you a lot Lucia.”

                “I like you too.” I faked a smile, but I meant what I said.

                We had been shopping for an hour. She picked out a whole wardrobe of clothes. I was glad that she was happy. It was almost five o’clock now. She fell asleep on the way home. I carried her in and laid her down in my bed, and then I went back out to get her new clothes. When I got back she was smiling in her sleep, dreaming I guess. I wish I had pleasant dreams.

Vincent:

                Life was horrible. There was no point in it anymore, no meaning, no anything. I tried to occupy my time with things, trying to forget about her, but I couldn’t. I wanted her so badly. She was my everything, and now I had lost her. My head and heart were with her, I just wish my body was too. That last night I was with her was so perfect. We made love so sweetly, and then she fell asleep in my arms like she used to. I did this for her, and I hope that she would be happy and thank me for it one day. I was pulled away from my thoughts by a knock at the door. I opened it. A female slave was standing there wearing a short dress and too much make up. Her brown hair was in big curls. “What?” I said coldly.

                “Master I was thinking maybe you needed to release some tension.” She said trailing her finger up my chest with one hand, twirling her hair with the other.

                “You’re right. I think I do.” I said as I grabbed her arm, pulled her into the room, and slammed the door.

Lucia:

                The next day was okay. I slept and watched television with Sarah. I talked with her a lot about everything. She told me of her school and her friends. Then she told me how she felt bad for me buying her everything. I told her that I liked caring for her, just as I promised her brother I would. This girl was very bright and amazing. She made me feel less dead, but I was still dead to me. My heart and mind were not connected to this body, Vincent still held those.

                “Lucia?” Sarah asked, waking me up.

                “Yeah sweetie?” I said sitting up.

                “I’m thirsty.”

                “Okay. I’ll go and get some blood for you. I’ll be back in an hour or so.” I quickly got dressed and went to the hospital where I had connections to get her blood.

Vincent:

                I cleaned up the mess quickly and quietly. I didn’t want to scare the other slaves. Blood covered everything in my room, including me. I smiled remembering what had happened a few minutes ago.

***Flashback***

                I pulled her onto the bed and ripped off her dress. She was smiling. I grabbed the knife from my nightstand. She screamed. I cut her stomach. She screamed again. I kept doing it over and over again. Then I started stabbing her. This went on for several minutes. She was begging me to stop. I couldn’t take it anymore. I ripped her throat out with my hands. Then I began mechanically laughing.

***End Flashback***

                That did make me feel better. But I still didn’t have my love.