We Have Forever (Twenty-Nine)

When we were finished making love we cuddled close to each other. His arms were wrapped around me and mine around him. We were just listening to each other breath, waiting for the other to say something. He started the conversation.

                “I love you.” He said.

                “I love you too.” I meant it, and I hoped he did too.

                “You know something?” He said, half laughing.

                “What?”

                “I was your first.” Why was he laughing at this? “I am not exactly laughing, more smiling.”

                “You took my virginity when I wanted to keep it. Why is that something to smile about?” I was hurt.

                “Don’t be. I am not smiling about that. I’m smiling because unknowingly, you took mine as well.” My mouth dropped open.

                “I did?”

                “Yes, you did.” I didn’t believe him.

                “You’re like one hundred years old. You’ve never had sex?” I asked in an I-don’t-believe-you tone.

                “No. I never had sex before you. I wanted to be in love when I did. I was in love, I am in love. You see, dear, I only wanted to give myself to one person in my eternity. That’s you. So when I said I’ll never have sex with anyone again, I meant it. Well, besides you of course.” I smiled at him and kissed him.

                “That is so romantic. I feel bad.”

                “Are you sick?” He sounded anxious and worried.

                “No. I mean I feel guilty.”

                “For what?”

                “Making such a big deal out of everything.”

                “Don’t. Please don’t. I love you so much. I was wrong. I lost my head a bit too much. I understand if you never want to see me again, and I can make that happen. I just have to off myself. I can’t live and be without you. I just can’t do it again. You have no idea how many people I murdered after I lost you. I was crazy, Lucia. I laughed about it too. I’m a vampire. I shouldn’t care who I kill. I really don’t care. I kill people all of the time. I have to drink, you know that. But this was not for quenching my thirst. I mean I tortured some of them, and then I left their blood in their body.” He was babbling on. I smiled and kissed him.

                “It’s okay. I’m here. We’re never going to be apart again. I want to be with you. If I lose you, well, you already saw what I did.” I laughed nervously.

                “I wish you would not have done that.” I frowned. “On second though. We just made love amazingly, you’re alive and in my arms. I’m glad you did it.” I smiled again.

                “I oddly am too.” He laughed.

                “So Sarah stayed with you?” He asked. His voice made me think he was angry at me. “I’m not.”

                “Yes, she did. I found her at the park one night and she told me she had no place to go because school was on a break. So I took her home. She was great company.” I smiled remembering going to the park with her at night and throwing rocks at windows, scaring people.

                “She was in very good hands. I don’t think she’ll be going back to school, though. I hear she doesn’t really like it. Besides, now that you’re here you can help me with Gren and Sarah.” He smiled as he ruffled my hair.

                “I would be happy to.”

                “So, you’re a vampire now.” He said after a minute.

                “Yes. I’m so happy. Thank you so much.” I said giving him a short kiss.

                “Don’t you want to look in the mirror?” I did! I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. He blinked in front of me and covered my eyes.

                “What are you doing?” I whined.

                “Before you look I want you to know that you were just as beautiful before as you are now. You’re beautiful no matter how much things change. Even if you gained 100 pounds, you’d still be beautiful.” I smiled. And turned away from the mirror to face him.

                “Thank you.” I told him as I gave him a long kiss. He held me and I held him back. Then I turned to face the mirror. I opened my eyes and gasped.

                I was beautiful, breathtaking. My skin was creamy white, it looked like glass. My lips were lightening quite a bit, but beautifully so. Around my eyes were darker than the rest of my skin, but it was in a way that made permanent make-up. My hair flowed so perfectly and it seemed to sparkle in the light. My eyes were now the lightest blue I’d seen before, with bits of pale purple. I smiled and saw the whitest fangs. Then I looked at Vincent through the mirror. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

                “Do you like it?” He asked as I turned around.

                “I do. You lied.” I said walking back into the bedroom to lie on the bed.

                “How?”

                “You told me I was just as beautiful now as I was before. I’m not. I was hideous before. You lied.” I said again.

                “I did not. I stand by what I said and I always will. My beautiful Lucia. That is if you still want to be mine?” He was now lying beside of me.

                “I do want to be yours, forever.”

                “We have forever.”