Underlying (Thirty-Three)

After we got into the car Sarah started singing rather loudly to her iPod. Vincent and I both just laughed at this. Then she started singing a song by Fall Out Boy. Vincent laughed the loudest and began singing along; I did too after a while. Vincent’s white eyes looked into mine as his arm was snaked around my waist. A smile was playing on his lips, and I’m sure one was playing on mine as well. Things were perfect. And he made it even more perfect by closing the gap between our faces. His kiss was light and gentle; it was the type that gave me butterflies.

                “Ew!” Sarah screamed.

                “Sarah,” Vincent sighed, “Do you want that puppy or not?” He then fixed her with a glare. She replied by rolling her eyes.

                “You know, Vincent,” I kissed his neck, “Perhaps tonight we can have some fun.” I am not sure what brought this on or why. It happened though and Vincent looked shocked. I smiled at him.

                He bent his head down to whisper in my ear, “You know when you do things like that it makes me want to take you right here.” I shivered from his breath.

                “With Sarah here?” I smirked.

                “No, darling. I’d make her get up front, but sadly I don’t think we have enough time as we are pulling into the parking lot now.” His hand had moved from the arm rest to my thigh.

                “Better luck next time.” I said while snapping my fingers.

*************

                “I want this one!” Sarah exclaimed, holding a little white and light brown boston terrier. I smiled and patted his head. “I’m going to name him Jim!” She said excitedly.

                “It’s ugly.” Vincent said with a horrified face.

                “It’s so ugly it’s cute! Can I get this one please please please?” She begged, already knowing the answer.

                Vincent stood beside me in the store while Sarah was on the ground with all of the puppies. He groaned a bit but nodded, then looked to me as he took my hand. “Which one do you want?” Begging me with his eyes not to get the same kind of dog that Sarah had. I smiled at him and dropped his hand. He pouted. I walked over to the little white toy poodle curled into a ball sleeping. I held her up to Vincent, with a puppy dog pout on my face. A smile spread across his. “Okay, it’s cute. I won’t mind having that sleep in my room.” Then he turned to the guy that had opened the cages for us, “We’ll take these two. And give me the best food you have, a lot of it, I don’t want to come here too often. Girls go pick out some toys, beds, leashes, collars, ect.” He said as he waved us off. I raised an eyebrow at him.

                “Where are you going?” I asked him.

                “I just want to look at something. I’ll be right back.” He said as he exited the store of the mall. I shrugged and walked off with Sarah to find something for the new puppies. I guess we didn’t have a budget.

Vincent:

                I quickly hurried to the jewelry store on the second floor. I had to get this necklace I’d seen a while back. When I stepped into the store all of the people that worked there bowed to me. “I need to get this necklace. It’s white gold and has a black diamond, very expensive. Do you know the one I’m talking about?” There were not many black diamonds around, so they probably only had one. One of the men mumbled something about me waiting a moment and I did. I waited. While I waited I got an uneasy feeling, like something might be wrong. I thought maybe it was Lucia or Sarah, but they seemed to be alright. Then I looked behind me and saw what it was.

                “Vincent!” Blaire screamed, running to pull me into a hug. I patted her back. Her bright pink clothing hurt my eyes. Her hair was dyed red and in unnatural curls around her face. She was pretty, but not as pretty as my Lucia.

                “Hello.” I said coldly.

                “Aww, Vincent, don’t be like that, doll.” She said, kissing my cheek.

                “Blaire I’m quite busy. I don’t have time for this.” I told her, pushing her away.

                “You never have time for anyone, Vince. That’s why you’re going to end up alone.” She slapped my face and walked off. I rolled my eyes. She was an ex of mine. She had been on and off for many many years. That was until I met Lucia. We had just broken up when I found her. I won’t lie to myself and say it was Lucia’s fault that I had never gotten back together with her at first. I wouldn’t dream of getting back with her now, thought, and that was because of Lucia.

                “Sir, is this the necklace that you were talking about?” The man asked, opening a black velvet box. I looked at it and smiled.

                “Yes. I’ll take it.” I told him.

                “It’s expensive, sir.” He warned me. I stared at him, dumbfounded.

                “Are you stupid?” The man who knew that I was royal asked.

                “What?” He asked, shocked.

                “That’s the bloody prince! You idiot.” The man’s mouth dropped open. I was used to this, I didn’t go out and younger vampires didn’t really know about me. My hand was restlessly tapping the glass. I wanted to get back to my girls.

                “I’m sorry your highness.” He bowed, “That’ll be one million.” He put a bow around it and slipped it into a purple bag.

                “Thank you sir.” I said and handed him my debit card.

Lucia:

                We had gotten everything that Vincent had mentioned plus much more. I hoped he brought enough money to pay for it. Sarah and I had just put the things on the counter when I felt arms grab me. I let out a scream, a hand was placed over my mouth. I thrashed a bit before I looked. It was Vincent and he was shushing me.

                “You asshole!” I screeched, hitting his arm when he let go.

                “I love you too.” He said, kissing my cheek.

                “Well here is the stuff.” I said nervously. He opened his eyes widely then paid for it.

*************

                When we got home Gren came down to see the puppies and to help Sarah with hers. Vincent carried my bags upstairs while I carried my poodle. She was still sleeping. When we got to our room I laid the puppy on the bed. She stirred a bit then fell asleep again. I smiled at her and helped Vincent set everything up.

                “You know the ball is soon.” He said when we were finished and now lying on the bed.

                “Yeah, I know.” I smiled nervously.

                “Are you excited?” He asked while brushing a stray piece of hair out of my eyes.

                “Yes. What if the vampires don’t approve of me?” I chewed my lip.

                “They will. You’re amazing, Lucia. You’re everything I need and you’re one hot vampire.” He finished with a smack on my bum. I thrust forward, getting closer to him. He smiled, keeping his hand there.

                “I love you.” I whispered. His face grew closer to mine, our lips almost touching.

                “I love you too.” He closed the space between us. My hands found his hair as our tongues danced in rhythm. His hands were slowly creeping under my shirt as our kiss deepened. This kiss was passionate, needy. But at that very moment I did feel that I needed him. I needed his love, lust, sanity, insanity, beauty, ugly, I needed his everything.