A New Child (Forty-Four)

The night was long. I had woken up at least five times already. Vincent wasn’t sleeping well either. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me to him, hoping to get my warmth. It was cold that night and as he held me we grew warmer. My back was to his front as he held me. We were both awake but silent. He moved my hair from my neck. He kissed my neck gently and lovingly. And although these kisses were meant to make me feel loved and not hot, they made me feel both. My heart skipped a beat with every peck. I bit my lip and moved closer to him. His left hand played with strands of my hair, while his right had moved up to cup my breast. It stayed there for a moment putting slight pressure on it. Then it moved back down to the hem of my shirt as his kisses became sucks. His hand moved slowly over my stomach and rips until it found my nipple. He touched me gently and I moaned softly as I pushed myself further into him; he pushed back. I felt him against my butt as we moved together. His hand left my breast to go downward. As he got to the top of my sleeping shorts, the door opened.

                “Uncle Vincent, Aunt Lucia, I can’t sleep.” Sarah’s little silhouette and voice appeared. I blushed at my recent thoughts.

                “Come here sweetie.” I told her, inviting her to sit on the bed.

                “I tried to sleep, honest. I just couldn’t.” She was tired and sad.

                “What’s wrong honey?” Vincent asked her.

                “I miss my mommy.” She whispered. Although she was turned away from me and I couldn’t see her face, I didn’t need to, to know that she was crying.

                “It’s okay, Sarah. You know, your mommy was the most beautiful princess in all the land.” He tapped her nose. She giggled.

                “The very best princess?” She asked.    

                “Oh yes, the very best indeed. She had beautiful dark hair. You have her eyes. She lives in you, little Sarah, so how can you miss her? She’s always with you.” I smiled at this. He was right; Sarah would always have her mother with her. Then I thought about Gren’s vision. Sarah would want us to adopt her as her parents. I smiled at this idea and decided to bring it up.

                “You know, Sarah, I’d never try to replace your mother, but maybe Uncle Vincent and I could adopt you.” Vincent looked at me and smiled the biggest smile I’ve seen in a while.

                “But what about the baby?”

                “Don’t you want a little brother or sister?” Vincent asked her.

                “Yes, but you won’t have time for me.” She whispered, getting sad again.

                “Of course we will, sweetie. You can even help us get ready for the baby.” She smiled up at us.

                “So I can call you mommy and daddy?” She asked excitedly. I looked to Vincent to make sure it was okay, and by the look on his face, it was more than okay.

                “We would love that.” I spoke. Sarah came between us and hugged us both.

                “Mommy, daddy, and baby.” She said. “Can I sleep in here tonight?”

                “Sure, just be careful not to hurt the baby, okay?” Vincent told her.

                “I’ll be still, I promise.” We all settled in, me on my side, Vincent on his, and Sarah in the middle. We all fell asleep quickly.

*************

Vincent:

                “Sarah sweetie, come on. Grab the glass.” I told Sarah as we took breakfast up to our room for Lucia. We had gotten up early so we could make it for her. Toast, bacon, sausage, eggs, and a salad filled the plate. Sarah carried the orange juice in her hand. I held the blood she’d need in my veins. She wasn’t a princess yet, but she already had the part down. Sit there, look gorgeous, and let me wait on her hand and foot. I laughed to myself.

                When we went into the room she was still sleeping. I sat the plate down on the night stand and took the glass from Sarah. I told her she could go and play with Gren now, which she happily did.

                “Good morning.” Lucia spoke, sitting up. She sniffed the air as she stretched. “What’s for breakfast?”

                “Everything.” I laughed and took the plate into my lap as I sat on the bed beside of her. She reached for the plate, but I pushed her hand away and picked up the fork. “What do you want first?” I asked her.

                “You’re feeding me?” She raised her eyebrow when I nodded yes. “Eggs I guess.” She opened her mouth and I fed them to her.

                “The wedding is coming up, love.” I told her while she was chewing.

                “I know.” She sighed in between bites.

                “You don’t want to get married anymore?” I was getting nervous.

                “I do, I really do. I just want to get it over with, I’m anxious.” She said I let out a sigh of relief and fed her more.

                “You know, beautiful, I cannot wait until our wedding night.” I was thinking about everything I wanted to do with her, not just sexually, but mentally. There were so many things I wanted to show her that only bonded vampires can show.

                “Me either.” She smiled at me and pushed my hand away. “I’m full. I’m thirsty, really thirsty.” She was telling the truth. I could see the hunger in her eyes. She needed the blood. I unbuttoned my shirt quickly and tossed it on the floor. She smiled when I laid beside of her. She straddled me as I put my arms around her.

                “May I?” She asked. Her asking took my breath away, so I just nodded. “I love you.” She whispered in my ear before she began licking my neck. When she found the spot she wanted to drink from, she slowly sank her fangs in, lapping up all of the blood that was spilling. Something ignighted in my veins like it always did when she bit me. I wanted her. I wanted to be in her. I knew I had to be patient though. Both she and the baby needed my blood right now. It felt amazing to know that I could actually take care of so many people. I was proud of myself. I had a family of my own and I was doing well. My life was finally falling into place. And to think, a silly little slave could change everything.