Call Me Master (Two)

As that gavel sounded I knew it sealed my fate. I was not yet sure what that fate was. Looking out into the crowd, I was searching for the man who had “bought” me. I was not exactly sure where to look, as I could not tell where the voice had came from, and then it happened. I looked into the middle of the crowd to see it split into two. Every creature moving to one side or the other. This reminded me of the Great Sea that Moses split. I had never been a religious person, but I had read the bible several times. It was a great book, but to me, it was only that. A book. It was almost like a fairytale. And I didn’t believe a word of it.
As the sea of people split, in the center of them walked a man in black. He was wearing a top hat and a trench coat with a cane. I would not see his face, but it looked as if his hair was black. I then took the time to notice that the sky was a dark red color, I hadn’t noticed it before, which is odd because usually I am very observant. While I was noticing the sky the man was standing in front of me on the ground. He then opened his coat and gave the auctioneer a piece of paper, which I guessed was a check. He then turned to me and it was then that I saw his beautiful face. His irises were almost white, but you could tell them apart from the whites of the eyes. He smiled at me, but it was not a smile I liked.
“Come.” He said and held out his arm, waiting for me to take it. I set my body with my hand on my hip and gave him the “I don’t think so” look.
“I’m not going anywhere with you.” I told him.
“Are you sure?” He asked as if I were a child.
“Mhm.” I said back, smiling deviously.
“Fine.” He was giving up so easily? Then I felt him behind me, for he had disappeared. He grabbed my wrists. “I was going to be nice for now, but…” By now he had both of my wrists gathered in only one hand, while his other hand collided with my jaw. “Now.” He said matter-of-factly, “Are you going to come?” I felt sick, so I decided to go with him willingly, I would plan my escape later. “You know, it’s not so bad there.” He laughed.
“Okay…” I said quietly and he led me off of the stage. We walked and I grew self-conscience because of the stares. When we finally got away from the crowd I was relieved. “Where are we going?” I asked meekly.
“Don’t question me.” He said then, “We are going to my home.”
“What is happening? Am I dreaming? I’m so confused.” He laughed at this. And I was trying to be nice myself.
“I just bought you. You are my new slave. You will do as you are told and you will not get punished. You are not dreaming. And You should very well be confused, it’s in your nature.” He told me in a controlled voice.
“Why should I listen to you?” I didn’t mean for it to be so loud, but it was. He hit me again.
“Because I said so. I will kill you if you don’t.” Then he stopped walking and got closer to me. I could smell him, and it was wonderful. It made me hate him more. “I’m glad you hate me. That way it will be easier to train you.” He smiled, inches from my face. His canine teeth were long and sharp.
“What are you?” I screamed, flabbergasted.
“A vampire, sweetie, I’m glad you’ve finally woken up from this little trance of yours. Now do as I say.” He ordered, then started walking again. I didn’t really believe him, but I was oh so confused. I didn’t argue with him this time, I just followed him. We finally arrived at a stretch limo. I looked at him and he stared back. The driver’s door opened and out came a frail old man.
“Lucia, is it?” The man asked.
“Yes.” I told him.
“Lucia, this is Harper, my chauffeur.” I waved a silent wave. “And I am Vincent, but you will call me Master.” I laughed, and when I did Harper coughed and looked extremely shocked. “Excuse me?” He asked, taken back.
“No I won’t fucking excuse you! And I’m not fucking calling you “Master” either! And stop ordering me around.” It was his turn to laugh.
“You just earned your first punishment.” He told me. I was nervous, but I had a better idea. I was going to wait a while before trying to run, but now would be the perfect time. So I looked at him and started laughing, he gave me a look as if he thought I was crazy. Then I took off running in a random direction. I ran and ran and ran until I came to the edge of a forest. Then, I turned around to make sure that no one was following me, then I began to walk. I was tired anyway. As I started walking something gave me a chill. I looked around several times but no one was there. Then I heard laughing that was all too familiar. And there he was, standing right in front of me.
“I told you to do as I say, now your punishment will be much worse. Come now and maybe I won’t lock you in the torture room with Charles.” I was scared and he knew it. “As you’ve guessed I can read your mind when I choose to.”
“I’m scared…” It was so hard for me to say aloud.
“With good reason. Come now and things will not get any worse. I may not be nice, but I am fair.” I could tell he wasn’t lying about the being mean part. I wasn’t sure what to do, so I stood there and debated. “Hurry now and make your choice. You are coming either way. You cannot get away from me.” He said arrogantly.
“But I already did once.” I laughed a bit at that, but I wasn’t sure if he could tell.
“No, my dear, you did not. I knew where you were going the whole time by reading you mind. I can blink, which is equivalent to teleportation. I let you run for so long because I wanted you to tire yourself out.” I was fuming, he knew he had gotten to me. “So, what will it be? Easy, or hard?” He asked, waiting. But, the truth was, I wanted to see how much I could get away with, so I took off running again.
“You are a very stupid girl.” He said calmly, but I kept running. When eventually I was lost and tired and hungry and scared. Also, it was getting dark. I stopped and fell to the ground crying. “Are you finished running, now?” Vincent asked. When I looked up he was bending down, as if to pick me up. “You know Harper has a date soon, and you wouldn’t want to be mean to him because you are mad at me, now would you?” He asked, as if we had known each other for years. I wiped my tears and held my hand out to him, as I thought he would help me up. But instead, he laughed and stood up, walking away. I couldn’t fucking believe him. I was tired.
“It’s your fault, you know.” He laughed. “Don’t forget though, when we get home you have a very bad punishment coming your way.”