Home (Twenty-Four)

“Home?” I asked nervously.

                “Yes, to your human home.” He said sadly.

                “Why?” I asked, all coldness gone from my voice.

                “I love you too much to keep you here.” His face was blank, but his eyes were sad.

                “I…I don’t understand.” I was about to start crying.

                “You are going home because I love you, because I want you to be happy. Because I don’t deserve you.” He said not looking at me. Then he sighed.

                “What if I don’t want to go home?” I challenged him.

                “It doesn’t matter. You’ll be happier there.” He looked at me when he said this.

                “I will not. I’m sorry for how I acted.”

                “Do not apologize to me.” He said coldly. “Get dressed. We’re leaving soon.”

                “I’m not going anywhere. This is my home now.” I told him. I could feel the tears threatening to spill over.

                “You are going. This is my home. Your home is some place where you feel safe. You’re not going back to Sally though, she’s a bad influence. I need you safe. Besides, this way I won’t have to worry about losing you when you age and I don’t.” He said.

                “I’m not going and what do you mean when I age? You weren’t going to turn me?”

                “You are and no I was not and am not. Get dressed.” He said as he threw down a dress on the bed.

                “You were going to let me get old and die?” I asked astonished.

                “Yes. As you should.” He said coldly. I picked up the dress and walked into the bathroom silently. When I closed the door I let the tears fall freely. While I was putting on the dress I thought about all of the things I could do when I got home. Nothing was going to be worth losing him though. It was my fault that I lost him. At this moment I truly hated myself for feeling bad for being cold to him for a few minutes. He was horrible to me and was fine with it for weeks. I cried more now, but silently. When I got the dress on I wiped my tears and exited the bathroom.

                “Let’s go.” I told him, and then paused, “I have nowhere to go.” I told him honestly.

                “I already made arrangements. You have an apartment and a car. I’m paying for both and utilities.” He said as we walked out of the door. I couldn’t stop myself from letting a few tears fall.

                “Okay.” Was all I could bear to say.

                “You’ll thank me for this one day when you have a loving husband and children, you know.” He said solemnly.

                “Sure.” I didn’t want to talk to him again. I never wanted to see him again.

                “And you won’t, Lucia. Not after I leave tomorrow. You’ll never speak or see me again, I promise.” His words stung and broke my heart all over again. I’d let him rape me, I’d let him torture me, I’d stay in darkness, I’d do anything to be with him for forever. “Forever is a very long time.” He said coldly again. “Besides, I’m in love with someone else. Her name is Julie. She’s gorgeous.” My breath got caught in my throat. Tears started forming quickly. My chest felt like it was on fire. My legs and arms started shaking. I couldn’t walk anymore. Vincent sighed and picked me up just before I passed out.

*************

Vincent:

                I didn’t want to hurt her like that. I didn’t want to lie to her, but I had no choice. I needed her to hate me more than she already did. I could not be selfish and take away her humanity. I also couldn’t leave her while she still loved me. She deserved someone so much better. Someone that would never hurt her. Someone nothing like me. I wish I could be what she wanted, but I’m a vampire. We aren’t like that. I would never be in love with anyone else. It would always be her, no matter where life takes me or her. She would fall in love with someone and he would give her everything she deserved. I love this girl so much, too much. I just wish that I would have showed it at the right times. I truly hate myself for what I did to her. She can never forgive me and I’ll never forgive myself.

                We arrived at her new apartment. It was not a crappy one. It was very nice, she could have pets, and she could paint. She had her own parking space and a new shiny BMW. I had it furnished for her with things that I thought she might like. Her room was also fit for a princess. She was a princess, my princess, and she always would be.

                When we got there it was 5 A.M. I didn’t have enough time to get out of the human world before sunrise; I’d have to stay here for the day. This was not going to be good. I was hoping to drop her off and leave before she woke up, it would make things so much easier. I laid her on her new bed and took off her shoes. She looked so beautiful. Her lips were smirking just a hint, how I wanted to kiss those perfect lips. Her long black hair curved around one of her breasts. I smiled at this. Her short dress looked perfect on her skin. It was a dark purple color with black and white flowers on it. She stirred in her sleep then opened her eyes and looked up at me.

                “Vincent?” She asked.

                “Yes?” I spoke softly. I didn’t have it in me to be cruel to her again.

                “Where are we?” She asked, sitting up.

                “Your new apartment. Do you like it?” I asked.

                “No.” She said.

                “Why?”

                “Because it isn’t home.” She said. Her lips pouted. I wanted to kiss her so badly.

                “It is now.” I said.

                “I love you. I’ll always love you. You can’t leave me. You can’t do this to me.” She was frantic.

Lucia:

                “I love you too.” He said. I jumped up and into his arms. He held me closely as our lips touched. I felt like fire. Our tongues then began moving in rhythm with each other.

                “Vincent?” I said into the kiss.

                “Yes?” He said back. I broke the kiss to look deeply into those beautiful eyes.

                “Make love to me.” And he did.