Preparation (Thirty-Four)

The next morning I woke feeling a slight breeze on my back. I tried to snuggle closer to Vincent, but I realized he wasn’t there. When I opened my heavy eyes I turned to find him standing in front of the opened balcony doors, holding my unnamed puppy. I smiled and got up, wrapping the silky sheets around me.

                “Good morning, love.” He said, turning to me.

                “Good morning.” I smiled at him, patting the puppy on the head.

                “What’s her name?” He asked after kissing me on the cheek.

                “I’m not sure.” I said while I looked at her quizzically.

                “I’m sure a name will come to you.” He laughed as he handed her to me. She cuddled into the warmth of my body as the sheet fell to the floor. Vincent growled while looking at my body. I giggled when he put his hands on my hips. “You know if you don’t get dressed soon I’ll have to ravish you, then we’ll be late.” He whispered in my ear. I looked at him questioningly.

                “Where are we going?”

                “Did you forget already?” He laughed.

                “I don’t think so. I don’t know. What’s going on?” I was getting nervous.

                “Our engagement ball is tonight.”

                “No!” I said.

                “What’s wrong? Don’t you want to dress up like a princess?” He teased me.

                “I don’t want to dance. I don’t want to go. You can’t make me!” I said while I put down the puppy and crossed my arms like a five year old.

                “You have to go and you have to dance. I can make you, love. Stop being so difficult, please. How about after the ball we stay up all night and just hang out?” I smiled. “We can even watch those silly horror movies you like so well.” He tapped my nose and uncrossed my arms, pulling them around him.

                “Fine. But I’m holding you to that!”

                “Okay, dear,” He pecked my lips, “Go and take a quick shower, the women that are going to be doing your hair and makeup will be here soon.”

                “Where are you going?”

                “I have to get ready as well. Then I have to make sure Gren is ready. I’m hoping when you’re done you’ll have enough time to get Sarah ready…If that’s okay with you?” He puppy dog pouted at me.

                “Of course I’ll help get Sarah ready.”

                “Thank you,” He smacked my butt while pushing me toward the bathroom door, “Hurry up! I’ll see you in a couple of hours.” I laughed and walked to get my shower.

*************

                About three hours later I was ready and on my way to get Sarah dressed. I walked passed a full length mirror and studied myself. My black hair was partly pulled up and curled into little ringlets, which was held with bobby pins. My skin was flawlessly pale; it seemed to shimmer in the light (not sparkle lol). The strapless ball gown I was wearing was tight around my breasts, but flowed to the ground from there. At the transition to the flowing part there was a white bow. The dress itself was black. My shoes were black heels. The makeup on my face was dark greys and blacks. My lips were a medium grey color, which I had second thoughts about, but the woman doing my makeup said it looked great. I thought it did too. My whole look was like a gothic princess, which in a way, I guess I was.

                I continued down the hall to Sarah’s room. She was jumping on her bed, her hair was still wet from her shower.

                “Aunt Lucia! Watch what I can do!” She heaved, jumping higher. Her body flew through the air as she did a series of flips, tucking her body close. She landed on the floor in front of her bed smiley proudly.

                “Sarah sweetie, you’re going to get hurt!”

                “Lucia, I’m a vampire. I won’t get hurt. Omg!” She screamed looking at the clock. I had exactly one hour to get her ready. We both ran to the bathroom.

                I blew dried her hair and brushed it out again. When I began curling her hair she started singing a song I didn’t recognize. “My mommy used to sing this song to me when I was a baby. Uncle Vincent taught it to me. When you guys have kids maybe you can sing it to your children.” She added.

                “Maybe.” I smiled at the thought of having a child with Vincent. When I was finished curling her hair I pulled it up into a bun with bobby pins. “Do you want makeup?” I asked her. She nodded. I quickly put eyeliner and mascara on her. She smiled when I was finished. “Now let’s go get you dressed, we have five minute left.”

                Her dress was much different than mine. It had ruffles on it, but it was still a ball gown. It was not strapless and was a soft yellow. White flowers held up the ruffles. Like mine, it was tighter at the top and flowed down around her ankles. Her shoes were white flats. She looked like a little princess. She looked at herself then thanked me while giving me a hug. There was then a knock at the door, which Sarah gladly ran to open it. Vincent and Gren were standing in the door way. Vincent’s mouth was hanging open like an idiot. I giggled at this, but walked to him rather quickly.

                “You look amazing.” I studied him. Vincent wore a very nice black tux with a white undershirt, which buttoned up. He looked amazing, and perfect.

                “Thank you, so do you.” I blushed.

                “Why don’t you two head on down, we’ll be there in a moment.” He said, motioning to Gren and Sarah. They nodded and left. Jim, Sarah’s dog, tried to follow then but Vincent quickly shut the door.

                “I can’t believe you’re mine.” He said, holding me closely.

                “And I can’t believe you’re mine either.” I teased.

                “I got something for you.” He told me reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a black box with a bow around it. The box looked the same as the one my ring had come in. When he opened it my mouth took its turn of falling open. The black diamond necklace was beautiful. The white gold around the chain and the design matched my ring exactly. I felt like I was going to cry, but held back the tears because I knew there was no time to redo my makeup.

                “It’s beautiful!” I told him as he was putting it on me. “Why did you get this?” Not that I didn’t want it, but he didn’t need to buy me anything.

                “I got it because I love you, and I wanted to thank you for going to this dreadful ball with me.” He kissed my cheek.

                “I wouldn’t leave you alone.” I told him while looking into his eyes.

                “I wouldn’t leave you alone either. So,” He said taking my arm, “Let’s get this over with.” And we started walking down to the entrance of the ball room.