Chapter 13

Finally, it came time to tutor Dylan again and I was kind of excited. Besides Spanish and Gym, we didn't get that much time to hang out due to football practice which kind of sucked. A good dose of Dylan was exactly what I needed to relax. Even though we didn't get to hang out as much this week we talked a lot whether it was through text or on the phone and I was excited to spend some time with him. I was on my way to meet him when I got a text from Michael. He wanted me to meet him and Trevor.

Dylan met me outside of the gym.

"Do you mind waiting for me here? I actually have to meet up with some friends real quick."

"Sure. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah! I'll be right back."

I smiled when  I saw the guys.

"Hey! What's up?"

Trevor gave me a small smile.

"Hey, Ness."

"Do you mind if we talk to you for a second?" Michael asked.

"Sure, what's up?"

"You're not going to like what we have to say." 

I kinda figured by the way they were acting.

I sighed. "Hit me."

"Emmett's been seeing Bianca," Trevor said slowly.

I bit my lip as I felt my stomach churn. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid. I had wanted to trust him so badly that I denied what I saw with my own eyes.

I let out a deep breath. "Honestly, I already knew. I guess I was just hoping that I would be enough"

Michael and Trevor gave me a sad smile before wrapping  me up in a hug.

"We're sorry our best friend is an idiot. You'll still talk to us, right?"

"Of course! You shouldn't even be apologizing."

"Good."

After we talked some more I went to the bathroom and splashed some water on my face. I needed to settle things with Emmett. Pretending isn't going to get me anything but heartbreak.  I took another breath to settle myself and made my way back to Dylan. Dylan looked me up and down.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good. You ready to go?"

"Yeah, You mind driving me again?"

"Sure, what happened to your car, though?"

"Tony took it."

"You're strangely calm about it."

Dylan shrugged. "I was pissed at first, but Rafe and Tony are babysitting Nyla tonight since the rest of us already had plans so I thought I would be nice."

I smiled as we headed towards my car. When we got to my house we were both starving so I asked Dylan if he wanted me to cook.

"Sure." He nodded looking around the house.

After I hung my jacket up I headed to the kitchen and start taking ingredients out for some spaghetti.

"Make yourself at home and I'll get the food ready," I called out to him.

"Let me help you this time," Dylan said walking into the kitchen.

"No, it's okay your my guest. I'm trying to be a good host!" I said trying to push him out of the kitchen.

"I promise not to burn your house down."

"Okay, Okay only if you promise," I said teasingly; he laughed and finished helping me find some of the ingredients.

While Dylan mixed the meat with the sauce I turned some music on and 'My Strange Addiction' by Billie Eilish came on and I started singing and swayed around the kitchen. Dylan's eyes watched my every move as I danced around. I started to feel nervous under his intense gaze. Once was done I turned the stove off and told Dylan to get plates and glasses

"What do you want to drink?" Dylan asked

"I'm craving Cherry coke. I'll go get it. Did you want Coke or something else?"

"I'll take a coke."

I was more than happy when we finally dug into our food. My mouth was watering the entire time we were cooking.

"This is delicious Nessie!"

"Thanks, it's just something I picked up from my mother."

"Do you want to finish our dinner in the living room?" I ask

"Sure," Dylan replies following me out the dining room.

I turn on the TV and put Rio on. I liked how comfortable it was to be around Dylan. I was glad that we became friends. It seems so crazy that we didn't even use to give each other the time of day and now he's turned into someone that I care deeply for. I finally snapped out of it when I felt Dylan staring at me.

"What?"

"You have some sauce on your face."

I knew I was blushing when I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I'll get it," Dylan said lifting up my chin.

This is when I noticed just how close we were sitting together, and at that moment I couldn't care less. Dylan slowly brought my face close to his to lick the very edge of my lips, where the sauce was. Damn. This isn't good. Can he not be sexy for like five minutes? He moved hesitantly toward my lips giving me a way out and when I didn't move he continued until our lips met. I felt like I was floating. I know I should have moved. I should have stopped him but I couldn't. It was like I need Dylan with every fiber of my being and even though I didn't want to stoop down Emmett's level - kissing Dylan felt like breathing.