Chapter 85

Zion

I shook my head in denial. Vanessa nodded her head.

"And what did that special nose of yours tell you?"

I scooted back farther, but she merely followed me.

"I don't understand. I smell Vampire and Werewolf on you. It's intermingled with other scents, so you don't notice it at first. How is this possible?"

"Is this why you didn't die?"

Vanessa's eyes changed and the look in her eyes shot chills down my spine. Where was she getting this massive presence from? The amount of bloodlust she had was terrifying. How powerful was she?! Vanessa closed the distance between us and squatted down to my level.

"Oh no, I died alright. Technically you got what you wanted. It was excruciatingly painful."

She suddenly leaned forward to whisper in my ear " I was thinking that I'd let you get a taste of that same pain."

I was frozen in place. I could hardly breathe. No one had struck fear into me like this one girl, not even Ailes. A movement behind me had me sighing in relief. Scarlet slowly rose to her feet and stalked towards Vanessa. With a fierce cry, she gripped Vanessa and yanked her to the floor. I cringed with every punch she landed on her. As annoying as Scarlet was, she was crazy strong.

"Did you really think I'd die that easily?"

"Get the fuck off me! You crazy bitch!"

Vanessa gave Scarlett a sharp kick to the stomach that sent her flying. Scarlett let out a shriek of pain before crawling her way next to me.

"How is she so strong?!" Scarlet managed in between short breaths

I shrugged my shoulders tiredly and swiped my hand across my face. I just wanted this to be over. How did I manage to mess things up this badly? I spent years training, fighting, kissing people's ass, just so I could finish what my parents started, and here I was terrified of a girl. Scarlet gave me a look and I nodded. We both struggled to get to our feet. Vanessa's eyes seemed to flash.

"Are you ready to taste pain?"

I felt my blood turn cold as Vanessa smirked at me. This couldn't be the same girl, could it?

"Almas Maculadas."

A black mist appeared swirling and whirling around until a black abyss hovered above us. Black tendrils dropped down latching on to us and the panic set in. What the hell was this stuff?

"What is this?! It hurts!" Scarlett screamed

I became hysterical, scratching at the black tendrils.

"They won't come off! Vanessa, please! Make it stop!" I begged.

"Stop? It's just begun."