Chapter 1

Aiden

20 years ago......

I collapsed onto the cold, wet ground. I couldn't take this anymore. I had just finished fighting off a coven of witches who wanted my magic for their greed. For centuries, there has always been someone chasing after my bloodlines magic, Humans, Werewolves, Vampires; you name it. While I was incredibly proud of my bloodline and the title we held in the Supernatural world, there was only so much I could take. I wanted a family. I wanted a child. I couldn't have either of those if I was always being targeted.

The urge for a family became even greater when I met Rebecca. She was... Stunning. She lit up the world with every smile she graced it with. She had become my sun. Her intelligence her humor, everything about her seemed crafted from perfection. In my eyes, she was perfection. When I realized how deep my love for her had grown, I knew it was time to tell her about my magic. While I'd never tell her, Rebecca nearly broke my heart. When I had first told her about my magic and my bloodline, she laughed and proceeded with calling me a weirdo. Although I believe her exact words were Psychotic freak, but that could just be my broken pride's memories. I was somewhat impulsive and decided to show her my magic first hand when I levitated all of the water from her glass and onto the sleazy waiter who kept staring at her.

For a second, I had thought that things were truly over, that she would go running out of the restaurant. I soon realized that the look in her eyes wasn't fear or horror, but amazement. That night we talked and talked and talked. I never knew someone could accept the concept of magic so easily. Six years later, we were married and expecting a child. When Vanessa came into the world, I felt complete. I had a gorgeous wife and the prettiest little girl I could ever ask for. When Rebecca said, she didn't want Vanessa practicing magic, I completely understood. I never wanted her to go through what I did. Even so, I couldn't deny how much I wanted to pass on my magic onto my baby girl. I decided to wait until she was older to bring up the subject again. Vanessa's story would be different from mine, and she would come out on top no matter the circumstances. This, I believed to my very core.