Chapter 47

Vanessa

As soon as we arrived at school, everyone stared with open interest. I dropped Kai off at the office and stopped dead in my tracks. Kayden, Dylan, Emmett were all hanging out in front of the main office, and they were in an obvious argument.

"Okay, what the hell is going on?"

Of course, I was ignored.

"I'm tired of you fuckers hanging around Vanessa all the damn time!" Emmett yelled.

"She's not yours!" Dylan and Kayden snapped in unison.

I was really starting to get pissed I wasn't property or something to be owned, yet here they are fighting over who I belonged to.

"I'm not anyone's property!" I yelled.

I didn't expect much from Emmett, but it hurt that Kayden and Dylan would fight over me as if I was simply a toy Emmett was trying to steal.

"Whoa, everything okay, baby?" Kai asked.

"Yeah, I'm just really done with assholes right now," I said, grabbing Kai's hand.

"That my friend was a lot of tension."

"How the hell did you get three guys fighting over you?"

I sighed, "I don't even know."

For the rest of the day, I avoided all three boys and was successful in doing so until lunch. Dylan and Kayden both growled at Kai as he sat down next to me. Kai smirked and pulled me to him, nuzzling my neck.

"This is fun!" He whispered in my ear.

I giggled. Kai was so mean!

"Who are you?" Kayden snarled.

"Kai, nice to meet you."

"The feelings not mutual." Dylan ground out.

"Damn, hostile much? Chill, I can't help if Vanessa finds me irresistible."

I threw my head back and laughed.

"Stop being an ass, Kai!"

"What?! By the way, am I sleeping over again tonight?" Kai asked

He totally did that on purpose.

"If you want to, you know my parents don't care."

"He slept over your house?!" Dylan and Kayden roared.

"I'm still mad at you guys. Therefore it's none of your damn business."

"You honestly can't still be mad?!"

"Well guess what, I still fucking am!"

I couldn't stay mad at them forever, but I wasn't going to let their behavior slide either.

I was almost positive I would forgive them, just not right now. I dragged Kai away as quickly as possible.

"Well, I guess moving here won't be so boring after all."

Once school ended Kai met me at my locker. He sighed and wrapped his arms around my waist. I shoved my binder into my locker and looked up at him.

"It's been a long day, huh"

Kai nodded and laid his head on my shoulder.

"Humans are exhausting."

I chuckled and rubbed his cheek.

"It'll get better once everyone's calmed down."

Kayden leaned against the locker next to and glared at Kai.

"You're really starting to become a bit of an eyesore, you know?"

Kai flashed a toothy grin.

"Hate to break it to you but I'm not going anywhere.  Our meeting wasn't by chance- it was written in the stars, so you'll just have to get use to having me around."

I felt warm and bubbly when it became clear that Kai felt the same way as me. He felt like the big brother that I always wanted.

Dylan stepped forward and opened his mouth but I stopped him.

"We'll talk when I'm ready."

I closed my locker and pulled Kai along with me. We would do this on my terms. I was tired of them going around and doing things on their own.

Later that night, Kai and I laid in bed talking.

"Okay, so fill me in on your boy drama. Why are they all fighting for dominance over you?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Emmett is my ex, who thinks he has another shot with me," I said, rolling my eyes.

"What happened there?"

"You know that slutty girl he was sitting with at lunch?"

Kai nodded.

"He cheated on me with her, and then in his latest attempt in getting me back; he basically said none it would've happened if I'd just slept with him."

Kai grimaced, and his eyes grew angry.

"Do you want me to beat his ass?"

I laughed, "Nah, it's all good."

"Okay, so what's the deal with Kayden and Dylan?"

I sighed, "I don't know we have an odd relationship."

"Sounds complicated."

"Very," I said, turning onto my stomach.

"You do realize that I'm going to take immense pleasure in teasing them, right."

I chuckled, "Your evil."

"Yeah, and you love me anyway," Kai said, nudging my shoulder.

"This happens to be very true."

Kai stretched and laid on his back.

"Are you going to forgive them?"

"Yeah, I think I'll let them sweat a bit, though. They don't need to know that it's nearly impossible to stay mad at them."

Kai grinned.

"I like the way you think."