Chapter 75

Vanessa

"Why would she say you were dead?" Emmett asked.

I rolled my eyes "If you haven't noticed, your girl here, is a psycho."

Bianca suddenly jumped from the bed and faced me.

"You're supposed to be dead."

Emmett turned towards Bianca.

"Why would you think that Vanessa was dead?"

Bianca ignored Emmett and continued on.

"We killed you! There's no way you could have survived that!"

"What the hell is she talking about," Emmett demanded.

I shrugged my shoulders "How am I suppose to know?"

I took a couple of steps forward making eye-contact with Bianca. Leaning forward I whispered.

"I'm not that easy to kill, but you on the other hand are."

I smirked when I saw the fear in her eyes and took a step back.

"Are you okay, Bianca? That story was a little bizarre, even for you."

Bianca became hysterical when she saw the look of disbelief on Emmett's face.

"I'm not crazy! She was dead! She shouldn't be here." Bianca yelled.

Emmett shook his head and stood up.

"I think it's time for you to leave."

Bianca's eyes watered slightly.

"You're going to choose her over me?"

When Emmett looked away Bianca launched her fist at me, but I merely grabbed her wrist before she could even make contact.

"Aaah!"

I yanked her toward me and whispered a spell into her ear. She'd come to me when I was ready to deal with her. It was a fairly simple spell, but if she tried to go against the compulsion it would most likely drive her crazy.

I wasn't really sure about what I wanted to do with her. Killing her definitely crossed my mind, but that didn't seem to sit right with me. I guess mostly because she was just a human who had no idea of what she had gotten herself into. That doesn't mean she was going to go unpunished though.

"What the hell is going on?" Emmett asked

I shrug my shoulders. "I guess she finally snapped from you treating her like shit."

Emmett looked down in shame as he mumbled to himself.

"What?"

"I said I only did it because I love you."

I let out a dry laugh "You don't love me."

"I do!"

"No, you can't possibly love me! Loving someone doesn't mean you go to the first bitch that's willing to give out when you're being a horny little shit!"

I was so sick and tired of him saying every little thing he's ever done was because he loved me. I'm so sick and tired of his excuses. Emmett went to protest and I glared at him.

"Save it, Emmett. Honestly every time you open your mouth you just make things worse."

I sucked my teeth when he let a few silent tears fall down his face. The fuck was he crying for?! I simply shook my head and walked out. He didn't deserve my comfort.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I have now been training for a whole month. Most exhausting month ever! The sessions only became more intense the more we went at it. The boys refused to go easy on me.

'Astrazia's not going to go easy on you, Vanessa.' Dylan said when I complained during an excruciating session.

It was definitely worth every last bit of sweat though and if I was being honest I liked it better when they didn't hold back. On top of working with Dylan and Kayden, Dad and Kai have been working with me as well. Although training with the boys could be really fun sometimes I think I like my magic lessons the most. I always left my lesson exhilarated and my head swimming with spells.

The repairs on the school were almost done and we would probably end up going to school the following week. Everyone had jumbled thoughts on what was to come. So much was happening in so little time. Everybody was thinking of fighting strategies. Dad wanted to strike first. No one was fond of being sitting ducks. Everything we did determined whether or not we would make it out of this victorious or not. I wasn't so worried. We had our own advantages and we sure as hell wouldn't go down without a fight.