Chapter 35

Kayden

I was actually really happy I bumped into Vanessa. I didn't get much of a chance to talk to her the other day. The first day was always the hardest. The girls always fawned all over me, and the guys hated me for it. Honestly, it wasn't even my fault. Vampire's prey always feels naturally drawn to them. That and honestly if they wanted to get on my level they'd have to step up their game. Sure that was a cocky thing for me to say, but seriously, half of these guys didn't know the first thing about pursuing a woman, to begin with. Plus, it wasn't like I wanted any of their girls anyway. I had Vanessa. It's my brothers they should be worried about.

Leila and I teased her about having a potty mouth. I laughed when she huffed and pouted.

"Do you want to sit with us?" Vanessa asked

How did she get involved with werewolves?

As soon as I sat down, Avery laughed.

"Aren't you going to do something about your mate?" Levi asked

"Am I the only one who finds this ironic, and slightly amusing?" Avery added

"For now, I'll do nothing. There's no need to make the first move. If they don't plan on attacking; then neither should we."

Of course, I was pissed at how close she and that dog were, but I had a feeling if either one of us started something we'd both lose her. I had to remember that she wasn't aware of werewolves or vampires, or any other supernatural race for that matter. So setting aside the fact that I was a vampire, I still considered Vanessa mine, and I don't plan on handing her over, to anyone.