Chapter 43

Vanessa

I turned towards Kellan. "So, we have two options: We can go to MainLevel so you can get a chance to explore the rest of the mall or we can just chill at the house."

Kayden smirked and slinked his arms around my waist. "I'd much rather explore your house; your bedroom to be more specific."

I narrowed my eyes and pointed at him. "Behave."

Kayden donned a boyish grin and saluted me, "Yes, ma'am."

I shook my head, amused. Kayden actually wasn't all that impressed with MainLevel. We spent most of the time with me window shopping and him offering to buy me stuff. My stomach growled, and I frowned.

"I'm hungry," I said, turning to Kayden.

"We can find a light snack to eat."

I glanced around and gasped when I saw it.

"Auntie Anne's! I want pretzel bites and a lemonade."

Kayden shook his head at my excitement. Kayden offered to pay, and this time I didn't refuse.

When we brought our food to the table, I didn't waste any time digging in. After we finished eating, we headed back to the house, and I lead Kayden to my room. I watched as Kayden assessed my room

"I would be able to tell that this was your room even if you didn't show it to me. It feels like you." He said as he sat on my bed.

I smiled brightly at him. That had been my intention when I decorated my room. I took a few tries to get it right, but I did. I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt Kayden staring at me intensely.

"What?"

He gestured for me to come to him, and I stepped forward until I was between his legs. He reached up and gripped my chin.

"You're beautiful."

My heart stuttered, and I gasped when he swiftly sat me on his lap. He pressed feather-like kisses all over my face, and I huffed in frustration when he paused at my lips.

Kayden let out a husky chuckle. "Does that mean I get to misbehave now?"

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I guess it couldn't hurt to misbehave a little."

I shivered when he gripped my hips, and his fingers brushed my skin. Kayden smirked before kissing me fiercely. I was on fire. Heat coursed through me as I returned the kiss with as much ferocity as he had. He trailed kisses down my neck and grazed the tender flesh with his teeth. A spark shot through me and I pulled his face to me and nipped at his bottom lip before kissing him. Kayden groaned as I tugged on his hair and quickly took over the kiss. This was intoxicating; he was intoxicating. I yelped when he flipped me onto the bed. I moaned as Kayden trailed kisses down the valley of my breast. He smiled against my skin. He was getting ready to reposition us when my phone rung. He groaned and ran a hand through his hair.

"Do you have to answer?"

I let out a breathless laugh and lifted my hips up so I could fish out my phone. I saw that it was Sage and answered.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Just checking what time you were coming to the game. We were getting ready to head out."

I checked my phone and was shocked to see how much time had passed. Sage and I spent some time talking. My hips jerked when Kayden trailed his fingers across my waist. I gave him a warning glance before returning to my conversation. He smiled deviously before pushing my shirt up. My eyes widened as I tried to use my free hand to push it back. He shook his head disapprovingly before pinning my hand to the bed. He dipped his head low and placed kisses over my stomach. I let out a sigh. He was distracting me; I could barely keep up with what Sage was saying. I tugged on his hair as a warning, but that only seemed to spur him on. I squirmed and tried to get away from Kayden. I yelped when he nipped at my side.

"You okay?" Sage asked.

I cleared my throat, "Yeah, I just didn't realize how late it was. I still have to get ready. You mind saving Kayden and me a seat?"

"Sure. Text me when you get there."

I quickly hung up and glared at Kayden. He shrugged and looked at me, innocently.

"You said I could misbehave a little."