Chapter 71

Vanessa

I felt lost. I felt like darkness had completely consumed me. Images and memories flowed through, although most of them didn't make any sense to me. They didn't seem to be my own. The screaming. The agony. The fire that seemed to course through my veins. Then more familiar images came to me. My family. My friends. Dylan. Kayden. They all seemed so clear, almost as if I was living the moment all over again.

New sounds and senses seemed to take over me. I could hear low murmuring, and then the voices became louder, more distinct. I could hear the birds chirping, water dripping from the kitchen, Our neighbor pulling into his driveway. I didn't understand what was going on. Then the memories of today slammed into me and I let out a low groan. The ominous presence, the truck hitting me, Kai's voice, Dylan and Kayden racing towards me, but what happened after that?

My eyes snapped open. Everything seemed so clear, so vivid. It was like I was seeing things for the very first time. A figure loomed over me blocking my view.

"Daddy?"

He laughed and started stroking my hair.

"Yes baby, I'm here."

I smiled and cursed when I felt a pain in my bottom lip. I touched my mouth and felt a smudge of blood.

"What the hell?" I asked trying to sit up.

"What do you remember?" Dylan asked

"We were on our way to the lake house and... there was a leak in the tank..... The truck came right at me. Whoever was driving had the same aura as him."

'Wait, who's him" Dad asked handing me some tea

"Zion."

"Who the hell is that?" Kayden asked

"Was he that creepy guy that went with Bianca to the dance?" Kai asked

"So you felt it too?"

Kai nodded.

"Felt what?" Avery asked.

"The intent to kill." Kai and I said in unison.

"Is there a chance he was working for Astrazia then?" Sadie asked my dad.

"I'm a hundred percent positive that he is." My dad replied running a hand over his face.

"Astrazia?" I asked.

Dad gave me a sheepish smile. "I guess we should fill you in, huh?"

Twenty minutes later I was starting to get a headache.

"Okay, so basically an entire organization is out to kill me and steal my magic?"

"Pretty much."

I couldn't help the nervous laughter that bubbled out of me. They were going to be so pissed at me.

"Don't be mad at me."

"Why the hell would anyone be mad at you?" dad questioned.

"After hearing everything you guys said I feel like it's all connected so... I was kinda attacked a couple of weeks ago."

"What the fuck, Vanessa? That's not something you keep to yourself!"

I looked around and pouted when I saw everyone glaring at me. I get that it wasn't the smartest move but everyone against me is a little unfair.

"I took care of it! I didn't want anyone to worry."

Dad sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You'll be the reason I die. You're going to stress me to death! What exactly happened?"

"I bumped into this guy and we talked. Everything was fine until he started being really pushy. Things got real weird real fast and he kissed me. I zapped his ass and ran. That's pretty much it."

Dylan growled low in his throat. "The next time some shit like this happens you tell one of us! Especially if someone kisses you!"

"Okay, geez. Can we move on to the next topic? Don't you think you guys scolded me enough?"

Didn't I almost die? They could cut me some slack. Damn