Chapter 46

Vanessa

As soon as Gym ended I hauled ass. I cursed when I realized that Dylan brought me to school. Halfway home I felt someone following me. I sped up to try and cause some distance, but they were right on my tail.

The stranger grabbed my arm and twirled me around. I was getting ready to scream when he smacked his hand over my mouth.

"Chill, no need to scream. I just wondering if you knew other witches could see past your illusion."

Past my- Oh God! He could see me and all my naked glory. I blushed a deep red and smacked him in the chest.

"Stop staring!"

"Ouch! It's not my fault! You caught me off guard!"

"If it makes you feel any better, you look sexy as hell."

I chuckled. This guy was something else.

"What's your name?"

"Kai and you?"

"I'm Vanessa."

"Umm, how about I walk you home, so we can talk? I didn't even know that there were other witches in town."

"Yea, I'd like to sit down and talk as well."

My instincts were telling me that I didn't need to be wary of him, and I honestly did want to talk. The whole way home we talked about the little things, slowly getting to know each other. It was nice; I felt like we had known each other for years. Although it was completely embarrassing, I was glad we met.

I led Kai into my house and told him to take a seat on the couch.

"Umm, I'm going to go change."

I blushed and ran upstairs as Kai started laughing. Once I was properly dressed I sat down next to Kai and gazed at him. Kai was Hawaiian, so he had a natural mocha tint and dark hair. I thought his best features were his amber-like eyes and full lips.

"Like what you see?" Kai asks cockily.

I slammed a pillow into his face. This, of course, sets off a massive pillow fight. When my parents came home Kai and I were thoroughly worn out and laying across the living room floor.

"Who's your friend?" My mom asked, eyebrows raised.

"This is Kai."

" I wasn't aware that there were any other witches in town, what family are you from?"

"Wait, how'd you know he was a witch?"

Dad smiled. "I'll teach you how to feel and see other's auras later."

Dad turned back to Kai.

"So what family are you from?"

"Mathis."

My father's eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"Your father wouldn't happen to be Chris, would he."

"That would be him." Kai nodded

"Ahhh, in that case, we must meet soon." My dad said, taking a seat on the couch.

"How did you guys meet?"

"I'd rather not say!" I squeaked out, and Kai smirked.

My parents gave me questioning glances but dropped the subject. I huffed and dragged Kai upstairs to my room.

"How come you don't go to my school? Don't you live close?"

Kai nodded. "I'm transferring tomorrow. I literally just move two weeks ago, so I was trying to get familiar with my surroundings."

"Awesome!"

Kai chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"I better go before my mom gets fussy."

"No! Don't go, ask if you can sleepover!"

Kai already felt like a brother to me, and I didn't want him to go.

"Dad! Can Kai sleepover?" I called down to dad.

"Yeah, I'd like to meet with his father anyway." He called back.

Kai excused himself to call his mom. Kai returned with a smile.

"She said yes. My Mom's more excited about it, then I am. She can't wait to meet you guys."

"Great! I'll go get some snacks."

I ran downstairs and grabbed some snacks. I also shot Dylan telling him that I wouldn't need a ride to school tomorrow. I laid the snacks on the bed before plopping down next to Kai and getting comfortable.

I couldn't help but laugh. When I turned on Vampire Diaries, Kai huffed and puffed, but now he was intensely watching the show while munching on red vines.

"Aren't you the one who said you didn't want to watch this?" I teased, and Kai pouted.

"Leave me alone. It happens to be slightly interesting."

Slightly my ass. Kai paused mid-bite and turned to me with wide eyes.

"You're basically the mixed version of Bonnie Bennet."

I snorted out a laugh and switched the T.V. off.

"Come on, we need to get some sleep. Tomorrow is supposed to be your first day, right?"

Kai groaned. "Don't remind me."

"It won't be that bad. You'll have me."

"This is true. Come here."

Kai held his arms out to me and I laid on his chest. I could say with the utmost confidence that Kai and I were meant to meet and I was beyond happy that he was here right now.

When I woke up, I noticed that Kai and I had been covered up. I rolled my eyes. That meant that my mom had probably taken pictures to fangirl over.

"Kai, get up!"

"Babe, leave me alone."

I giggled and jumped on top of him.

"Uggh. Okay, okay! I'll get up, princess."

"You can use my shower. I'll use the one downstairs."

"Okay." He said groggily as he sat up slowly.

" Uhh, I think my ex left some of his clothes here." I sad searching through my closet.

I pulled out a Nike just do it T-shirt and some nice fitting black jeans. I laid them on the bed and grabbed a pair of black shorts and a tank top that said 'juicy' on it. After I took my shower I brushed my teeth and curled my hair. Once I was satisfied with my look I headed upstairs to grab my stuff.

"Dios mio!"

Kai was naked beside the towel that hung loosely around his hips. And let me tell you that boy was fine. Kai smirked and proceeded to change in front of me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my stuff. I slipped on my jacket and backpack while Kai finished up getting dressed.

When he was done, I dragged him downstairs for some breakfast. My mom made omelets with onions, peppers, spinach, and lots and lots of cheese. Breakfast was so good that we practically inhaled it.