Chapter 68

Leila

My phone slipped out of my hand when Kai told me what happened. There was so much information to process. Dylan was a werewolf. Kayden was a Vampire. Vanessa was apparently their mate. Jeez, our life was turning into one big supernatural novel! If wasn't a life or death situation, I would have made a joke about the supernatural not being able to stay away from me. My breathing became short and ragged. I felt like I was hyperventilating. Rafe was at my side in seconds.

"What's wrong?"

"Well, I know that you and your family are werewolves." I paused.

"And I know that you and your family are vampires," I said pointing to Noah

They were all getting ready to protest, but I carried on.

"And, you need to know that Kai and Vanessa are witches."

"Why are you telling us this now?" Sadie asked

"Someone tried killing Vanessa. A truck ran her over. Initially, she could have died from the impact but...."

"Oh shit! Those idiots bit her, didn't they?!" Tony exclaimed.

I nodded and slid into the couch.

"They said that she's pretty much teetering between life and death and no one knows what she'll become if she does make it."

"This is so fucked up!" Avery shouted.

"Do they know who did it?" Mason asked

"They said they would fill us in when we got there."

"Then what the hell are we standing here for? Let's get going!" Chloe exclaimed grabbing her stuff.

This was going to be a hell of a long night.