Epilogue

Four years later....

" I can't do this any longer, the pain is to much to bare." An exhausted Holly complained. She had been in labor for twenty four hours. She was nearing the end of her pregnancy, she so hoped that this was a girl this time. She already had two sons, Daniel and  Robert. She needed another girl in her life, she had enough male egos in her household. 

Lindsay sponged her brow" just a little longer and it will be soon over, then we will see Lindsay junior."

Holly grunted as she tried to push the life from her," who said that it was going to be Lindsay junior."

Lindsay smiled" well I think that your first daughter should be named after me. Considering that I fixed you up with my brother." 

Holly grunted again as she pushed again, she felt the baby slid out. She heard the midwife giggle" we have a girl, she is so beautiful."  With a smack to the baby's bottom a cry came from the baby. Holly smiled" my little baby girl, I am so happy to have my wish come true."

Just a few minutes later, Holly started to groan again in pain" What is happening? I have never had this much pain with the other two." 

The midwife looked and found another head crowning, " it's twins!"

As they worked together to bring another new life into this world, with another smack to the other baby's bottom a second cry was heard. " It's a girl!"

Holly slumped back against the pillows and sighed with relief," I am in no hurry to go through that again for a very long time."

Lindsay laughed" well dear now that you have two daughters and I have my one,  they can be best friends."

Holly smiled at her " wow just a couple of days apart too."

Both women giggled, and then two most fetching little girls were placed in their mother's arms. Lindsay laid in the bed beside Holly and picked up her own daughter. Holly smiled" well I guess we really won't get any sleep no more." 

Lindsay smiled" yes, now our husbands will be complaining about how ugly we will be."

Holly giggled" no more beauty sleep for us, especially me two little girls."

Both excited grandma's came in the room, Anna was the first one to speak" Two granddaughters at once! I am one lucky grandma besides Martha here."

Both grandma's picked up one twin and took them down for the grandpa's and the father to see.  "Maybe they would stop wearing a path in the rug," Anna smiled. 

Martha smiled at her daughter" I am so happy to see that I finally have some more granddaughters. Your sisters have so many boys, besides girls are the best but don't let your brothers hear that."

Holly smiled" well that and your grandsons, they might get a little mad at their grandmother."

Martha smiled" it will be our secret, besides it's not every day we get a set of twins in the family."

Both proud grandma's walked downstairs to the study to show them to their proud grandpa's and their father. As Anna walked in the door, Martha hid one baby behind her. William stopped pacing as his mother walked in holding a bundle. Anna smiled" well son congratulations! you have a daughter!"

William smiled" I have a daughter, is Holly okay?"

Anna giggled" well there was some complications after the birth of this beauty." 

William furrowed his brow" but you just said that she was okay."

Martha giggled" well she did because this little beauty wanted to follow her sister into this world."

All the males in the room stopped and looked at the two babies, William smiled" TWINS!"

John Campton looked at the Duke" Well I'll be a horses as...!"

"JOHN CAMPTON! if I was you I wouldn't finish that sentence in the presence of these two little beauties!" Martha scolded her husband.

He looked at her and smiled sweetly" let us have a look at those two beautiful babies."

William raced up the stairs to see his wife, he rounded the corner and without knocking entered the bedchambers. He smiled at his beautiful wife who has given him so much in such a little time. He placed a kiss on her sweet lips. " I want to say thank you my beautiful wife, this was the best surprise ever in the history of the Dukedom."

Holly smiled" they are so beautiful are they not?"

William smiled at her" just like their mother, the boys have been asking about you."

Holly smiled" well I miss my boys, do tell them that they may come and see me in a bit."

William smiled" I will, get some rest while you can my love."

Holly watched as he walked out of the door, how did she get so lucky? She has been asking that same question for the four years that they had been married. She loved her boys, Daniel was three and Robert was one and half. She loved her life, and now she had Lindsay and Lily to complete their family for now. Maybe later in the future she would have more, but she had been pregnant for four years. It was time to rest her body.

Lindsay and Jason had married a month after they had and they also have two sons and now a daughter. Lindsay and Holly laughed at how their husbands seemed to be in competition on just who would have more children than the other. They were going to put their foot down because they were tired of being pregant. 

It's just funny how their life has turned many corners, but the most important thing was that they were all family. They had everlasting love, and kids to continue that love for centuries. The future was bright, and both girls who are now woman look forward to it. The greatest love story ever told was that of Holly and William. How she became the Duke's Lady will be told for centuries to come.