Chapter 5

As Holly was strolling through the small garden, she didn't know that she was being followed. She was humming a tune when she heard a noise. She jumped " Who's there?" No one answered, did she really expect anyone to answer?  She started to take a few steps when she heard a giggle coming towards her.

"There you are, I have been looking all over for you." Lindsay smiled at her friend.

Holly smiled as she jumped at Lindsay sudden appearance," You scared me."

Lindsay laughed" I didn't mean to scare you, but you should have seen your face."

" I bet it was the funniest one yet, so what shall we do now?"

Lindsay grabbed her hand and they ran across the lawn and headed for the maze. Before they went in the entrance, William stepped out of the shadows, " Lindsay, where are you going?"

" Oh Brother it is such a nice night for a game of racing through the maze, don't you think?"

William chuckled" you know that I always win, and besides we need more players for this game."

Lindsay smiled" I shall go and round up everyone for a wonderful game, Holly will stay here and wait for me to come back." 

Holly blushed at the thought of staying with William as Lindsay went to go and get the others. " Are you sure you won't need any help gathering everyone here?"

Lindsay was already running away, Holly watched as she was left with the one man who could bring her to her knees. She was attracted to William, always had been since she first laid eyes on him. He had so much power over her and he didn't even have a clue, she needed to keep herself busy. So that he couldn't take advantage of her, at school they warned them of men.

William watched as Lindsay was nervously pacing next to the wall of the maze. She was so beautiful with the moon light shining in her hair. It made her glow like a star in the heavens above, no one could hold a candle for his Holly. Whoa, wait a minute here, she is not his Holly and never will be. He had to find a wife that was duchess material, not someone who stirred his fancy. 

Holly tilted her head to the side to watch a firefly dance through the sky. She wanted to run after it and catch it, but with William here she didn't dare. Her mother was counting on her to be on her best behavior. She just couldn't help it she was happier being herself, not some up tight lady trying to catch a husband. She wanted love, not to be used for her dowry and an heir. She doubted that William was after that, but she knew that he didn't want someone like her.

William couldn't help the urge to speak to her" It's such a lovely evening don't you agree?"

Holly blushed as his voice broke the silence" yes I do think it's such a lovely evening, I love to look at the stars in the sky."

He was shocked at how proper  she was, he thought she wouldn't answer and keep on ignoring him like most of them do. " I have to agree, there is the archer right up there."