Chapter 17

Holly couldn't sleep, this desire was burning her up. She thought that at any given moment she would burst into flames. How can one man make you feel this way? Just to burn from his touch, and his kiss, it was enough to drive you mad. Holly groaned into her pillow, she rolled out of her bed and walked to the window. The moon was full and bright in the night's sky, the stars were so bright. Holly remembered when her oldest brother John taught her about the stars in the sky. 

She looked at the clock that was on her fireplace mantle, midnight. Great this was going to be a long night, she walked back over to her bed. After climbing back under the covers, she kicked them back off. What was it going to take to extinguish these flames that William started in her body? She was going to get him back for what he had done to her. This was just evil of him, to leave her in such a state. 

She pulled the covers up again and tried to fall asleep. Tomorrow was going to be a long day, William was coming back to have dinner again. She just knew that he was going to try to kiss her again. That would keep the fire burning through her veins. She had never felt such desire before, she only heard the description from her sisters. 

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

William was having a tough time falling asleep, he had thoughts of a delicious kiss. Holly, how could he have fought himself not to love her? He could have had her already if he hadn't been so bull headed. Well that was his past and Holly was his future. She didn't have a clue that her father already gave his consent for Holly's hand in marriage. Lord Campton was an agreeable man, he knows his daughter very well. They were in his study laughing at Holly's fine moments when she was growing up.

He loved to hear the stories about Holly as a young girl, it reminded him of the day that he saved her. Even at the age of thirteen she was a beauty, she had stole his heart that day. He just wouldn't admit it to himself then. Lindsay knew some how, he just couldn't figure out how she knew. He was going to have many sleepless nights until he could get Holly to agree to marry him. It was going to be a short engagement, since Clarissa ruined Holly's reputation. He prayed that he didn't have to even lay his eyes on her ever again.

He was wondering just how long Holly would take before she would say yes to marry him. She should be feeling the effects of their soul searing kiss. That kiss stirred within his memory, his eyes glazed over with desire. Just the thought of their lips touching had his manhood stiff. He let his mind go over the memories of the afternoon and into the evening. What he wouldn't give to have Holly here right now? She would be squealing in desire that his touch created.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Holly woke up after a restless night, she looked into her mirror. Holly gasped in horror," I do believe the rats have been at it again."