Chapter 18

Clarissa started to scream from the top of her lungs,"Nooooooooo! This can't be happening!"

"Clarissa dear, what has happened dearest?" Her father came running in the sitting room. His wife behind him, they saw there daughter's red face. They knew that she still had designs of snagging his Grace.

She wouldn't listen to reason, he had made it very obvious that he didn't want her. Clarissa just wouldn't listen to anyone, she kept on telling everyone that he would change his mind. Everyone knew that he wouldn't be coming back at all, she was in denial.

Now was the question, what exactly is going on now? Charles's wife wrestled the paper out of Clarissa's fist. There on the second page of the paper,there was the list for a special marriage license. That is what caused Clarissa to scream.

The paper read : The heir of the Duke of Lancaster to wed. His Grace William Grosmont, has finally found his bride. To everyone's surprise, his future bride is to be a Miss Holly Campton. Her father Viscount John Campton the banns will be read in the Parrish in Lancaster. The wedding is to be rumored to be one of most sought after among the ton. Who will be the lucky ones to receive an invite? We all know who will not be invited. A Miss Clarissa Townsend to be exact, we want to send our best wishes to the lucky couple.

Clarissa listened as her father read the article out loud for the whole world to hear. She didn't want to hear about it at all, he was suppose to marry her. He was suppose to propose marriage to her, not that common tramp.She just didn't want to even think about , she just might have to go and remind Ms. Campton just who she was messing with. The nerve of her trying to steal her man, she wasn't going to let this wedding take place. The bride isn't going to be Holly Campton, it was going to be Clarissa herself. She had some planning to do.

Her parents watched as Clarissa got up off the floor with a smile, they thought it odd. Clarissa smiled sweetly at them," I think that this is all so overwhelming that I just need to go lie down a bit."

Her mother nodded" yes dear, you don't look so well."

Charles looked at his daughter, he could see something  in her eyes that scared the mess out of him. Just what was his angel planning on doing? He was afraid to ask, he wasn't sure if he wanted to know. They stood together watching as Clarissa walked up the stairs towards her room. They knew that she was undoubtedly upset by the news. They really thought that this time, this season she would have a suitor that would ask for her hand. They thought that his Grace was going to propose to her, but that didn't happen. A Ms. Holly Campton stole him from right out from under their noses. 

Maybe this next season would be the answer to all of their prayers, Clarissa was a very spoiled child. She was the youngest of seven children, so she was spoiled severely. Charles knew that had to be the biggest issue that Clarissa had. She was always sweet and helpful to everyone, unless she didn't get her way. Then she was an absolute monster, no one wanted to be around her then. 

He knew that she was going to try something, but what he had no clue. He just needed to keep his eye on her and make sure she didn't leave the house for long periods of time. He didn't know what she was capable of doing if pushed to far. He knew just how much she had wanted to be a duchess, it was the closet thing to being a princess.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Clarissa was pacing back and forth in her room," How to get rid of this whore, without anyone suspecting her?"

Her maid looked at her and when Clarissa glared at her, she walked out of the room. She was going to need someone to help her and keep quiet too. Just who could she trust that wouldn't say not one word about the whole messy affair? She was going to have to find someone who would be able to keep their mouths shut.

She didn't know at the moment what she was going to do, but she knew that there would no longer be a Miss Holly Campton. She would have her out of her way and could marry William and live happy ever after. She needed to come up with a solid plan, removing Holly was the up most important thing. If she had a great plan she would succeed. Also she couldn't afford to be messy, it would lead her to her demise.

 Holly Campton was going to be out of her hair and she would have William all to herself. This was going to be the best day of her life when she showed up to wed William instead of Holly. What a surprise William would have when he lifts the veil and finds Clarissa instead of Holly. He would be free to love her again, and Holly wouldn't be there to take him away ever again.