Chapter 16

William smiled knowing that he was going to get the upper hand on Holly. She thought she was so clever sending all of the things he bought her back to him. If she wanted to be shown just how much he loved her, then that was what she was going to get. He was going to make sure that she was begging him to marry her. He smiled just at the thought of what he was going to do.

As the carriage came up the drive he was waiting for it to come to a stop. He waved the footman away from the door. He stuck his hand in to help Holly out of the carriage, the look on her face was priceless. He knew she was very surprised at seeing him standing there. He guided her down the step of the carriage and murmured to her mother about the garden.

He could feel the sparks travel up and down his arm by just holding her hand. He knew that she could feel them too. She reluctantly went with him to the garden, they found a bench and sat down. William didn't let go of her hand. Holly tried to pull her hand free of his, even though she was loving the feeling it gave her.

William was the first to speak after a few minutes, " I hope that your trip was comfortable?"

Holly nodded " yes your Grace, it was comfortable for the most part."

William clucked his tongue, " I can't have you calling me Your Grace, now can I?''

Holly looked down" it would be rude to call you by your first name, you haven't gave me the liberty of calling you anything else."

William gave her a crooked grin, " Well from now on I want you to call me William, besides you can call me whatever you want to."

Holly took that as a challenge," really so if I decide to call you Mr. Snooty Pants I can right?"

William lost that grin, he stared at her" I take that back, you can call me William or Will's for now."

Holly looked up at him and smiled" for now you say, exactly what else are you going to let me call you?"

William let a snort out, " Shall I describe all of the names that you will call me?"

Holly being clueless to most everything that is marital nodded her head, she wasn't thinking when she agreed. William sat back down next to her," Well you will call me husband, once we are married."

Holly let out an unladylike snort," You are so full of yourself, I told you I can't be bought, and besides according to everyone I am a soiled dove."

William chuckled, " Oh I am not trying to buy you, I am going to romance you into agreeing to marry me.'

Holly smirked at him" oh really, well it is going to be hard to do that when I won't accept your company."

William smiled" oh you will, you won't have a choice but to accept my company."

Holly looked at him" and what does that mean?"

William smiled at her, " I have my ways and besides you won't have a choice."