Taken

The coronavirus outbreak has put the entire world upside down and I know I'm not the only one who is feeling anxious and uncertain about this whole situation. 

So I figured I would come on here and write a oneshot for you all to take our minds off all the stress for a bit. 

During this lockdown, I have kept myself busy with schoolwork as well as watching a lot of films. And recently, I re-watched the film Taken, which I hadn't seen in ages but have always really liked. So that's where the idea for this oneshot came from!

Don't you worry! I will make sure to add some fluff at the end of this chapter because I feel like that's what we all need right now.

Stay safe, everyone!

<♥>

You turned off the vacuum cleaner and took a good look around the flat to admire your work. You smiled proudly to yourself as you noticed how well you had cleaned and organised the flat.

Sherlock and John had been out on a case for a few hours now and you took that as the perfect opportunity to deep clean the entire living room and kitchen. The whole place had been a mess before, but now every surface was squeaky clean.

You put the vacuum cleaner away before you went back to the kitchen to make yourself a well-deserved cup of tea. The water was just starting to heat up when you heard a noise.

You entered the living room and heard another noise, coming from behind the door. Immediately, an uneasy feeling spread in your chest.

You rushed back to the kitchen and picked up your phone. There were no texts from Sherlock or John, so they must still be out on the case. Sherlock always texted you when he was on his way home. It had become a habit, so the lack of a text from either of the boys sent a shiver down your spine.

The doorknob rattled and you let out a soft gasp. You hastily turned off the kettle and ran into the bedroom, locking the door. With trembling hands, you dialled Sherlock's number.

John shut the door of the cab and turned towards the cabbie. ''Baker Street, please.'' He turned back to Sherlock and said ''Are you going to text (Y/N) or should I?''

Sherlock pulled out his phone with a smile, eager to inform his girlfriend that he had solved yet another case. Before he had the chance to type the message, though, his phone started buzzing in his hand. The detective frowned before answering it.

''Sherlock?'' you gasped, tears forming in your eyes.

''(Y/N)? What's wrong?'' Sherlock asked urgently, sensing fear in your voice.

''There's someone in the flat. I can hear footsteps,'' you whimpered.

Sherlock was instantly alarmed. ''Did you see anyone? Are you sure it's not Mrs Hudson?''

''No, no,'' you cried. ''I ran into the bedroom when they tried to open the door. They kicked the door in, Sherlock. I heard it!''

''Alright. Stay calm. I need you to stay calm. You're in the bedroom, yes?''

''Yes,'' you whimpered. ''Please hurry, Sherlock.''

He cursed under his breath and looked out the window. There was no way he'd get to you in time if someone was in the flat already. He knew it was only a matter of seconds before they'd find you. ''Get under the bed,'' he ordered.

You let out a small sob before squeezing yourself underneath the bed. The tears rolling down your cheeks created small puddles in the dust. ''I'm here,'' you whispered.