Hallucinations

Requested by lifeupdates_ness

Song: Tired by Alan Walker ft. Gavin James

This is probably the longest songfic and singular oneshot I have ever written. In my opinion, it's not the best writing I have ever done and I am not quite happy with how it turned out. Nevertheless, I uploaded it because I worked on this for hours and I have no time to write it again. 

I hope you can still enjoy this oneshot despite the bad quality of it. Have a lovely day, everyone! 

<♥>

I see those tears in your eyes

I feel so helpless inside

Oh love, there's no need to hide

Just let me love you when your heart is tired

Ever since you moved to London not too long ago, you had been flat hunting, but so far, there was not a single home that caught your attention. It was either too small, too expensive or too far away from your workplace. You were starting to give up hope on ever finding the perfect flat and your childhood dream of living in London began to fade. 

Living in a hotel for so many weeks wasn't really ideal and the expenses were way too high for you to cover. And after a month, your money was nearly gone and you were forced to leave. 

It upset you. You didn't want to go back home and find a new job, you wanted to stay in the city of your dreams with the amazing job you'd managed to get at a local company. But the opportunity was evaporating and you had no options left.

With tears and raindrops sliding down your cheeks in silence, you rushed into a nearby supermarket, trying to escape the heavy rainfall. You had decided to take one last trip around London before you would have to leave. It had only been a month, but already, you felt more at home in the capital city than anywhere else you had ever been. It was just the perfect place for you. Your heart was sure of it. 

Using your sleeve, you dried your tears and removed the drops of rain from your face and neck. You were soaked to the bone and you loved every second of it. It was just like you had always imagined London to be like, absolutely perfect. 

As you waited for the rain to lessen enough for you to continue your journey through the city, you began wandering around the shop. You weren't looking to buy any groceries, you were simply killing some time. 

Your feet carried you through the many aisles. You were about to start your third round of aimlessly walking around the shop when your eyes caught a glimpse of a piece of paper taped to the window of the shop. As you neared, you saw a photo of a building in the heart of London portrayed on it. Your fingers eagerly reached for the paper, carefully removing the tape around it. Your eyes skimmed over the many letters and you audibly gasped. 

Without wasting another second, you pulled your phone out and began to type in the phone number given on the ad. It was a gift sent from Heaven. The last chance to stay in London after all. Someone was looking for a flatmate and you would be the first to call. It was now or never. You had to make your dreams come true.

Cold hands, red eyes

Packed your bags at midnight

They've been there for weeks

I don't know what came by me

You took a deep breath, soothing your growing anxiety. You had decided to wear your most professional looking outfit and earlier that morning, you practised all kinds of possible questions in the mirror. Everything to prepare yourself for this 'interview' had been done, but as the nerves kicked in, you started to doubt it all again. Though, your heart won against your brain and you raised your fist to the door, knocking loudly.