Million Reasons

Requested by Dan_Snot_Howell

Song: Million Reasons by Lady Gaga

I love, love, love, love, love Lady Gaga and this song, and that is not an exaggeration. And Oh My Gaga, I was so thrilled to have this song requested and I hope you enjoy the oneshot I have made out of it. Also, I hope I honoured one of my favourite people on the planet. 

Have a lovely day, everyone! 

<♥>

You're giving me a million reasons to let you go

You're giving me a million reasons to quit the show

You're givin' me a million reasons

Give me a million reasons

Givin' me a million reasons

About a million reasons

Living with Sherlock Holmes wasn't easy for many reasons. His loud violin music often kept you up at night, his explosive experiments had destroyed your belongings and the flat's kitchen numerous times and whenever he got bored, he'd fire an endless amount of bullets into the wall and sofa. 

When you first started living with the detective, you had to adjust to his strange habits, but your love for him clouded your judgement and eventually, you didn't even notice it anymore. You were so in love with him, so hopelessly smitten that you became blind. 

You had always imagined, expected even that Sherlock felt the same way about you. You had always been convinced he loved you because you loved him. Unconditionally. But lately, everything started to point to the opposite. Maybe Sherlock didn't love you. Maybe he was just using you as a toy to occasionally play with. 

These thoughts haunted your mind non-stop. Your dreams turned into nightmares, acting out horrible scenes of an abusive Sherlock or an awfully painful break-up. You'd often wake up crying, sitting upright in your bed and craving comfort. But Sherlock was never next to you anymore in bed and you were too insecure to reach out to him. 

You were just bothering him with your problems. You were just wasting his time by staying. He obviously didn't want you there, anyone could see that. 

He would ignore you for days on an end, he barely acknowledged your presence and never, not once did he say those three wonderful words to you. It had all become oh so clear. Sherlock Holmes didn't love you.

You were torn, at loss for a solution. You wanted to confront him, you truly did, but out of fear for his reaction, you kept quiet. You suffered in silence, continuing your daily life as if you didn't have a care in the world. You were fighting so hard to save whatever was left of your relationship, but nothing seemed to work. 

New science equipment, new lingerie, a romantic dinner, offering to go on cases with him, getting him body parts from the morgue; you had tried everything that could possibly win Sherlock over. Though, it was all just a waste of time. 

He didn't care when you told him you loved him. He'd simply hum or mutter something incoherent and continue with whatever he'd be doing. He didn't reach out to you, didn't kiss you, didn't help you. It was like you barely even existed in his world. You were only there when he needed you in his eyes and that hurt. It hurt so bad.