Keeping You A Secret

Requested by ToriStark-Banner

I hope you all enjoy this oneshot! Have a lovely day, everyone! Thank you for reading :)

<♥>

You giggled as you tried to break free from his grip. His hands were tightly wrapped around your waist from behind, making sure you couldn't go anywhere. ''Jimmy, I have to go inside, let go.'' 

''Not a chance. Just spend the night with me at my place.'' 

''You know I can't.'' You said, turning to look at your pouting boyfriend. ''I'd love to but it's not possible. My brothers would get worried and track me down. I don't want them to find out about us.'' 

''Darling, they're going to find out eventually. Maybe you should just come clean.'' He offered. 

You shook your head. ''No, they aren't ready for it. I'll tell them but not today.'' 

Jim sighed. ''Alright, fine. But if Sherlock gets on your nerves again tonight, you call me and I'll pick you up.'' 

You smiled softly and nodded. You absolutely loved it when he got worried and a little protective over you. ''I promise. Thank you, Jim.'' You pressed a kiss on his cheek. 

His hands were still on your waist and not letting go. ''You can still change your mind,'' he purred. 

Biting your lip, you fought the urge to say 'screw it' and go home with him. However, your rational thinking overpowered your carelessness and you shook your head. ''I can't, Jim. I'm already late and there's no doubt Sherlock isn't going to give me a whole lecture about it. I'll call you tomorrow and we'll hang out, okay?'' 

He sighed. ''Why are you so stubborn?'' 

''I'm a Holmes.'' You laughed. 

''True.'' He snickered. ''Alright, I'll call you tomorrow. Be ready at eight, we're going out.'' He kissed you hungrily, pouring all his passion in it, hoping to convince you last-minute to go home with him anyway. But you didn't. You pulled away, smiled at him and wished him a good night before quickly unlocking the door and heading upstairs.

Multiple reasons caused your first relationship to be a secret. And all of them came down to your two older brothers. You loved them with all your heart and they loved you. They wanted you to be happy, of course. But with that wish came the over-protectiveness, constant worry and always keeping an eye on you. 

Both Mycroft and Sherlock were quite known in the criminal world. The eldest Holmes sibling had a high function at the British Government and your other brother was a famous detective. So it wasn't at all strange that they had large targets on their heads. 

People- mainly criminals wanted to get rid of them because they were geniuses and dangerous to all who crossed them. And it wasn't unknown that the Holmes brothers had one vital weakness; their younger sister. 

You had been injured, kidnapped and shot multiple times for reasons you didn't know. It was all a way of the hunted trying to hurt the hunters. It annoyed you to no end but you never let it get in the way of having fun in life and enjoying yourself. 

But your brothers had a different approach to the issue. They wanted you safe at all times. They were in constant fear that something would happen to their favourite person who they loved more than anything else and that fear influenced your life and theirs immensely.

Mycroft and Sherlock always kept their eyes on you and if neither of them were available to watch you, they'd arrange other people or cameras to do it for them. You rarely got some privacy and it had been like that since you were born.