Our Little Girl

Requested by S1Black1Fox

Hello, everyone! I hope you all enjoy this oneshot, I had fun writing it. I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind when requesting it, but this idea got stuck in my head when I received your request so I decided to write it.

School has started and it will get pretty hectic again quite quickly so updates on both my Sherlock fics aren't going to be as frequent like they have been over the past five weeks that were my holiday. 

I will try to get oneshots up multiple times a week. In the beginning that will include weekdays, but as I get further into the school year, it will mostly be on the weekends and sometimes one or no uploads at all, I can't predict this with certainty. 

Thank you so much for all your support and love on this book that hasn't been up that long, I sincerely hope you still enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it. Have a lovely day and for those who are starting school again as well, good luck!

<♥>

With a heavy sigh, you managed to open your front door, balancing three large bags on your arms. After work, you had immediately gone to the store to get the groceries for the next two weeks. 

Your job only just provided you with enough money to live of and comparing it to the hours you made every week, it didn't even come close to a comfortable living. But you had no other choice. You had to provide for yourself and your daughter. 

Being a single parent was tough. Especially when you had to work so often to earn a salary. You barely saw your daughter anymore, not even on weekends. 

Family was your main focus in life, it always had been but the position you were in made it impossible to keep up with everything. Sometimes you felt like your daughter blamed you for it, but it was usually the anxiety that every parent experienced once in a while. Only for you, it was constant. 

She was still young, barely aware of what was happening in the world around her. You kept things from her such as finance, bills, trouble at work and even her father. She was only five years old, she wouldn't understand and you didn't want to plague her with confusion. It would only evoke more questions. Questions you couldn't and didn't want to answer. 

You entered the living room, dropping the heavy bags on the floor and resting your aching arms. The babysitter, Rose, and your daughter immediately looked up. Rose smiled kindly at you, compassion evident in her eyes. She got up and took the groceries to the kitchen, putting everything where it belonged. 

You sighed in relief. You didn't know what you'd do without her. She was underpaid because you simply couldn't afford her salary, but she never complained and always helped you out whenever you needed it. She was a gift from Heaven. 

Your daughter, Sarah, squealed in happiness and charged at you, jumping in your arms. You lifted her with a lot of effort, embracing her tightly as you kissed her head. 

''Mummy, stop!'' She giggled, trying to push your face away. 

You laughed and gave her a final peck on her forehead before setting her down on the ground. ''Did you have fun with Rose today, Sarah?'' 

She nodded, a wide smile plastered on her face. ''We went to the park and gave food to birds!'' 

''Did you really? That's lovely, Darling!'' 

Rose came back to the living room. ''Everything is put away, Miss (Y/L/N),'' she said. 

''Thank you so much. I don't know what I'd do without you,'' you claimed.