Love Sucks - 32

Heeeeey!

I know it's nearly been a month since I updated, but I've had a bit of writer's block for LS (*sob*). I started a new story though, and I'd love it if you checked it out and told me what you think? ;).

Anyway! School's over now, and it's winter / Christmas / New year! So cold... snow and everything! At first it's great, you know, but now it's kinda boring. I want summer back xD!!

Hope you like this chapter...

OH, and check out the video on the side there (>>>>),  it's another fan-made trailer, made by our very own silly-sophie<3!

So, yeah.. have a great Christmas, and if I don't post anything before the end of the year, have a great new year! :D xx

~

Chapter thirty-two;

With my fingers wrapped tightly around the steering wheel, I leaned back further into my seat, bones aching, throat itching as I drove towards the middle of nowhere. Although I ached a little, I was wide awake, and highly alert; the only comfortable sensation that comes after sundown. But not even that comfortable feeling could push away the guilt and, dare I say it, nervousness.

I pulled over on the side of the road and got out of the car, leaving the door open as I wandered a few steps towards the outskirts of a forest. I scanned the trees, searching for-

There it was; a red ribbon laced tightly around a branch at the top of the tree. Knowing I was going the right way, I got back in my car and continued driving.

Only going at thirty miles per hour, I was able to loosen my grip on the wheel. I pulled away for an instant to crack my knuckles.

“Trying to divert your attentions?” My voice sneered. I jumped, my hands flying back onto the wheel, for this time the voice was so clear, so loud, it was as if somebody was sat next to me. But as quickly as it had come, it was gone. Its intentions were clear. It wanted to make me more prone to humiliation before I got to Scarlett by making the nervousness inside of me rise up.

Not long after, I was pulling up at my final destination. I stalled the engine and sat there, wondering if I’d be able to turn around and go home, go back to Cathy. I looked up through the thin trees, towards the hills, only to see a silhouette of a small, slim figure stood awaiting me at the top. I could only stare.

This was it.

With a final crack of my knuckles and a sigh, I turned off the engine and flitted out of the car, over to the bottom of the hill. When my presence was made known, the figure turned away and disappeared over the top, signalling for me to follow. I gave Scarlett some time to get to wherever before I walked at a human pace towards her. I dug my hands into my pockets as I walked, and retrieved my phone, looking through the contacts until I got to Ashton’s.

The other end rang for a long time before his voice finally sounded through the receiver.

“Are you there?” He asked coldly.

I nodded, even though he couldn’t see. “Yes, I am. I… I think-“

“Good.” Ashton interrupted. There was a long silence between us while I contemplated the fact he didn’t seem to care what I thought right now. I stopped walking near the top of the hill to spare my time on the phone.

“Is… is she okay?” I asked, trying to keep my voice steady. I looked down at my watch to see it telling me the time was one minute to midnight. I wondered what Cathy would be doing; was she asleep? If she was, what was she dreaming of? Another vision of mine?