Love Sucks - 11

It's been six days since I last uploaded.  

These past six days have been.. eventful. I can honestly say, I was thinking of leaving uploading for another week. The inspiration hadn't been there, and I was desperate to write just a word of this, but I couldn't. 

Today... Alex has been running circles in my mind repeatedly! :D  

I love it when he does that. ;)  

So anyways, without further a-do, I give you chapter eleven<3.

_____________________________________________

Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place

I love this song. I'm not sure whether or not it fits in with  

this chapter, but hey... I can't think of anything else ;D 

_____________________________________________

Chapter eleven;

Alex seemed in deep thought every time I snuck a glance over at him. Though he had the company of some other boys in our class, he ignored them nonetheless, isolating himself to his thoughts. I turned my head away, looking back at Dean, who was sat opposite me, silently scanning over the text in a history book.

He was so… human.

Too human.

I’d only kill him sooner or later. The same went for Suzie and Grace.

“But would you regret killing them?” my voice purred. “I mean… they pay no attention to you. They treat you like you’re completely worthless to them. Why should – more like why would – you feel regret?”

I wanted to reply. I wanted to fight back and say they were my friends, but I couldn’t. I knew the… voice was right. Why should I feel regret, when they treat me as though I am nothing to them?

Because I care, that’s why. The human side of me cares for-

“You’re not so human now though, are you princess?” My voice interrupted, amusement heavy in its mundane voice.

“Will you go away already?!” I shot back. Mentally, of course.

The bell rang; a long, flinching sound. I quickly packed up my things, and, telling Dean I’d see him later, I shuffled out of the classroom with Alex in my sights. He glanced here and there at the students laughing and talking around him, before he went into a science class. I raised my eyebrows. Looking around, checking nobody was paying attention, I followed him in, shutting the door after myself.

The classroom’s windows were wide open, letting in a thick, chilly breeze. The room was empty, save for the deserted tables. Something about the air was eerily quiet, cold if you will.

“Why are you following me?” Alex’s voice was venomous. I whirled around, and he was stood right there against the door in his grey faded skinny jeans, a black t-shirt, his emerald eyes shining in a way that would make any girl’s heart melt, his dark hair falling over his forehead carelessly. His eyes didn’t match his voice; his eyes portrayed a slight urgency, and somewhat… concern?

“I… um,” I stuttered, gnawing my lip, searching for an answer.

Why was I following him?

“You seemed like you were up to something.” I replied truthfully.

“What’s it to you, princess?” he muttered darkly. Before I could answer, he said, “Don’t follow me.”

At a human pace, he walked past me, towards the open windows. He began to climb out, his eyes on mine all the while, full of a coldness only a freezer should hold. I couldn’t help but let out a slight shiver, but my attentions were pried to the fact he was now out of the window, and walking away. I ran to the window, and began climbing out.

Luckily for me, we were on the ground floor.

I jumped off the windowsill, but before I could register where Alex was, he was pushing me back into the wall, pressing himself against me. I stared up at him, and his emerald eyes looked down at me with a mixture between coldness and pleading. He put his hands against the wall on either side of my head, blocking my escape, and I swallowed hard.

“I tell you not to follow me,” he said, his tone dark again. “And you follow me. Why do you disobey me? Why do you follow me?”

I shrugged casually. “I don’t play by someone else’s rules. And maybe I’m nosey.”

“Can’t you listen to me just this once?” he growled. “Just… don’t follow me!”

“Why? Seeing a girl?” I smiled wickedly. “Seeing a guy?”

He rolled his eyes. “Don’t be so immature.”

My tone suddenly changed, and I looked up at him. He was angry, I could see that, but I could also see a slight tinge of fear. Something was wrong, and he wasn’t even going to tell me.

“What are you hiding?”

“I’m not hiding anything,” he shot back quickly. Too quickly. “I’m protecting you.” He put his hands on my waist and lifted me from the ground, setting me back down on the windowsill. He leaned his forehead on mine, and whispered, “Please don’t follow me.”

He pulled away, and looked at me one last time and said, “Please.”

“Why?” I demanded. “Tell me why, and I won’t.” He glared at me, but his icy breath on my lips distracted me until he applied slight pressure on my waist, which snapped me away from his closeness, and more towards his anger. Sensing he was losing his patience, I said, “I promise.”

He sighed, still angry at me. “Frankly princess, I don’t want you to die. That’s why I don’t want you to follow me.” He muttered. Silence followed, and he pressed his forehead against mine a little more, and I stopped breathing. But just like at, he’d pulled away. “You made a promise. Now stay here.”

With that, he was gone. Leaving me abandoned, alone, cold and – dare I say it – scared. Yes, I had a sudden fear course through my veins like electric volts.

He didn’t want me to die.

Did that mean that what he was doing would have killed me?

“You mean would it kill him?” My voice whispered. “You care. Admit it princess, if he dies tonight, you’re going to mourn for him.”

I ignored the voice. It’s not if he dies tonight, because he wasn’t going to die. He couldn’t. He wouldn’t, right?

RIGHT?!

“Wrong.” My voice said venomously.

+ + +