Love Sucks - 16

Me again ;D !  

I know, after a day. I just couldn't stop writing .. ?  

I tried to make it longer. Silly Wattpad - for Word Doc. this is 7 pages. It's like, 4 or something on here. Bad times.

CHECK OUT THE COVER!  

Credit goes to PandorE, the most awesome creative artist I've ever met!  

*Big thankyou*

So anyways.. enough of me.. 

Farewell, Happy Independance Day, and goodnight my beautiful readers! <333

Chapter sixteen;

It was the rain that awoke me during the early hours of the morning, interrupting the vivid dreams of my mind intertwining with Alex’s memories, lingering on the ones when he was feeding. Such a killer instinct, and such pleasure given off of drawing a human’s blood unwillingly, made me sick. But… even I could feel the urge, the lust when I saw – from his eyes – the blood seeping from delicious-looking throats.

Lightning washed across the room, and I counted up to three before an earth-shaking thunder followed. I sighed, sliding out of the bed and pulling back the curtains to face the storm outside. It was September the 30th now, still vaguely summer, so why should such a storm be here?

It makes you think what else is changing…

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I sat at the oak-wood desk in my study, a pencil in hand and paper in front of me. I wanted to concentrate, I wanted to write something, or draw, or in someway express this… “emotion”, but all I could hear was the storm. Raging, furious, as if it was screaming at me that to feel an emotion was wrong. Especially since I was a vampire. The thoughts of Benjamin had resurrected the switch I had shoved away, possibly never needing to bring it out – never needing to turn on the emotions ever again. But I was wrong. So very, very wrong. For I felt something…

Anger, at myself for what I had done: such a cruelty to my own flesh and blood, what a monster I was. And still am.

I stared down at the black journal that had indeed belonged to my brother when he was alive. He had spilled his thoughts and feelings in this small, oh-so fragile book, and I relished at the thought of me being mentioned on every single page. Never in a horrible way, and he never portrayed doubt of any kind. I flicked through it for the seventh time tonight, re-reading the notes he’d written, and grazing my eyes over his creative drawings. I so envied that he had such a hidden a side that I had never gotten to see and I regretted never pestering him about it when he was alive.

“That’s what you get for being a monster, Alex.” My voice muttered darkly.

I shook my head, my eyes fixed on a drawing. The drawing that never ceased to amaze me every single time I looked at it – a drawing of a locket. So measly to humans, they would never understand that this be the locket belonging to… her. He had drawn it out of fascination, the words “KH” engraved sharply on the front. Every little detail was included in his drawing, the lighting, everything.

And he had made a secret out of such a beautiful talent, hidden it from us all.

I turned the page, and smiled slightly, unwillingly perhaps. It was a page of doodles, but not your average – on the thick parchment sat a sketch of fangs, a pair of green eyes, the locket again and a wine glass over flowing with red liquid that I knew better than to call wine. I chuckled, somewhat amused by my brother’s choice of doodles. It had possibly never struck him that these be so important to a vampire… to me.