Love Sucks - 10

BANG!  

It's chapter ten. Wow, feels like only yesterday I was writing the weak start known as chapter one for this story...  and it feels like today I got to re-live it when I re-wrote it :p.

From here on I'll try to introduce songs here and there that I think go with the story, maybe give 'em a listen?:] //

~

Chapter ten; 

______________________________

Funeral For A Friend - Walk Away 

_____________________________

I woke abruptly the next morning, without my alarm to help. Yesterday’s events traced in my head, and how I’d managed to shut the world out for three hours, after falling gratefully unconscious in the bath. To my great disappointment, something – yes, something, not someone – had woken me from my “slumber”. I woke, however, as if awaking from a sleep when someone had made a noise. Not as if someone had pried me from the water and performed CPR on me. This troubled me: that I was perfectly fine after what should have been my accidental watery grave, but I stored it at the back of my mind for later thoughts.

Glancing at my clock, I noticed I was an hour late for college. I scrambled out of bed and threw the first thing I saw on, and plunged into my car, darting to college. My head was thumping with pain when I opened the classroom door, and my teacher wasn’t about to make it any better, I was sure.

“Ah, Miss Morse! You finally decided to grace us with your presence,” Miss Cartwright said, slightly annoyed. “Take your seat at the back and be quiet.”

Sighing, I skimmed my way through the desks, coming to a stop at my usual desk. Only to see someone sat in my seat. A boy, in fact. He had golden-blonde hair that was cropped short and scruffy, the most amazing sea-blue eyes. His skin was slightly tanned, a slight smile on his lips as he beamed up at me.

“Am I in your seat?” he mumbled, grabbing his things.

“It’s fine, I’ll find somewhere else to sit,” I smiled, and he shrugged, leaving his things. I took the empty desk next to him, wedged in between he and Alex. Alex was shooting the boy an evil look, but I just rolled my eyes. If Alex wanted my attention after yesterday, then he’d have to grovel for it. Calling me dumb…

“I’m Dean,” the boy smiled as the class all started talking, getting on with their work. I cast him a sideways glance to see him sat facing me, his hand outstretched. I took it, smiling.

“I’m Cathy,” I said. “What’re we doing, by the way? The task, I mean.”

“Er, a project about the Revolutionary War, you know, that one where the Americans wanted the right to be independent from Britain?”

“Oh,” I mumbled, scanning through my knowledge of history. “Thanks… You wanna work with me for it?” Sure, I suppose I was flirting a bit – but it was only for fun; it wouldn’t work anyways; I was to become a vampire soon, right? I could at least make the most of this happy feeling without wanting to suck his blood while I had the chance. Dean’s face lit up, and he nodded, wedging his desk against mine.

“So…where did you move from, Dean?” I asked him a little while later.

He looked up from his work and said, “Kent. Nice place, I suppose… I came to live with my dad here, though.”

“Ah, I see,” I smiled. At the sound of a sigh and continuous tapping, I turned to graze my eyes across the room, scanning for the perpetrator for this annoying sound. My eyes fell upon Alex sat on my right side, the gap between us distinct. He had a blank piece of paper in front of him, and he was tapping his pen angrily, quickly on his desk. Almost as if he knew I were looking at him, his eyes slid up to meet mine.