Love Sucks - 14

Yes... One day later, and I'm back.

It was a very short wait, I know. But I wouldn't have uploaded if it weren't for PadorE.

So, Maddy, this chapter's for you =D

P.s.

My editor is on holiday. I was soo sad, so I'm sorry if there are any weird typos or if some sentences don't make sense. That's just the way I am xD

Chapter fourteen;

"Your mother's very decent," Alex noted. "She's clean, by the way. It is an improvement, is it not? You should be proud of her, Cathy."

"I am," I sighed. "But this isn't about my mother, it's about you."

I gestured for him to follow me, and he did, keeping close behind. We exited the living room in time to see my mother pass by us, a smile intent on her lips. When she saw Alex and I walking up the stairs, she giggled.

"Use a condom!" she laughed.

I could hear Alex's snickers behind me, and I rolled my eyes, ignoring her and carrying on walking up the stairs. My mother's laugh began to fade, and all was quiet save for my footsteps and Alex's occasional chuckles to himself. I twisted the door handle on my bedroom door, and shoved it open, exposing the gently lit room.

I had turned on my bedside table lamp, and with the sun fully gone, the room was enlightened by a slight orange glow against the night creeping in from outside. I walked right in, glancing back at Alex, who was slowly, slowly walking in. He shut the door behind himself, and began glancing around, a faint smile on his lips as if he were proud of something...

I opened up my window, and almost instantly, a large gust of wind blew into my highly heated bedroom. The sky was already beginning to be painted with faint stars, the moon large and full ahead. I could see the town's lights, dots of different colours sprinkled across the horizon. Watching them for a little while, I sat on the windowsill and brought my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them as if that'd somehow keep me in one piece.

"I didn't know you played," I heard Alex said quietly behind me. I turned to look at him, to see him run a finger across all six strings of my acoustic guitar.

"My dad taught me how to play," I replied.

He carried on sliding his eyes across the guitar, a slight smile on his lips. He slowly crouched down onto his knees, looking at my rack of CD's, nodding his head every now and then. He stood up straight, and walked in my direction.

As he went past me, he nodded, his eyes on mine as he said, "You have a good taste in music... for a half-mortal."

I just rolled my eyes. After walking past me, his hand unmistakably brushing my waist, he moved to my dresser table, glancing at the pictures that sat atop it. He picked up a picture of my father and I on holiday in France, taken by my mother while we drank coffee.

"Is this him?" Alex asked.

"Yep."

"You have his eyes, you know." He looked up at me and nodded. "Definitely."

I smiled. "I'll take that as an open compliment, then."

He put the picture back where he found it, and went to my wall of memories. On which, lay tickets to all the gigs I'd ever been to, photos of my friends and I, pictures from my prom and all sorts. A bit of everything.

I sat on the windowsill watching Alex as he scanned them, his lips pulling up in a half-hearted smile. Eventually, however, it faded as he leaned against the wall on his shoulder facing me, his emerald eyes showing no emotion once more.