Love Sucks - 12

BAM, here it is. Chapter 12 for you(:

~

Chapter twelve;

I was not wrong.

I was not wrong!

Alex was fine, just being a complete jerk face, as per usual. Besides, why should I care what the hell the bloodsucker’s up to? I mean, he called me dumb, and he thinks I do whatever under his command. He was wrong both times.

I scrambled through the window, sliding off the windowsill and straightening out my clothes and hair, before slamming the window shut and running from the classroom.

I wasn’t wrong.

But I couldn’t find out. I couldn’t follow him!

He was probably miles away by now, sorting out whatever it was that need be sorted out right about now, thinking about how excellent he was feeling because he’d gotten me to do something. If I hadn’t been so nosey and confronted him, I could have followed. I could have done something like the dirty bloodsucker I was yet to become.

If I was as cool about all of this as I wanted to make myself believe, then why the hell did I have a deep, unnerving fear in the pits of my stomach?

Worrying for a vampire who cares about nothing more than himself and blood. Oh, the bloody (see what I did there?) irony. Well, all I can say is…

Life sucks, and then you die.

* * * * *

I watched her from deep within the bushes layers as she sat on the windowsill in the exact same position I’d left her in, her face blank, eyes glazed over. I couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow as she sat there for three minutes and forty-five seconds in complete silence in a catatonic state. Eventually, however, she climbed into the window, and I moved on the second I heard it slam shut.

Claude’s Aston Martin Vanquish car came into view, and I could see him in the side mirrors glaring into the windshield, concentrating. His blonde hair was surprisingly untidy for a neat freak such as himself, falling over his forehead in front of his cloudy, grey eyes. He used to be like a brother to me, but not so much anymore. Over the years he changed; he put girls before… us. Sure so I messed around a lot, but when it came down to it, I always put these guys first.

But I didn’t like the idea of having friends. Not because I wanted to be alone all eternity, but because to have friends means to trust. The more trust you give to somebody, the worse the pain is when they leave. And yes, they’ll leave.

They all leave me eventually, but I learn to move on.

For a century and a half I’d had the “joyous” company of the only four people to ever walk this earth that I had considered friends of mine. And throughout that time, many people had come and gone from my life.

But not them…

Poppy. Such a small, petite little monster. A small, petite little monster of whom I had the responsibility of protecting. Not that I had be acquired to do so, I had chosen to play the role of the older brother. She lost her older brother to the war, and I knew the exact feeling, so I was just stepping in for her as she was for me. With hair as black as pitch, and eyes bright green, she sat in my Porche 911 Turbo.

Next to her sat Cherlindrea, her best friend. Her hair was dyed fiery red, and her eyes were somewhat violet purple, which was still a mystery to us all. In the back, sat Ashton, his coppery-brown hair a disarray as he babbled senselessly to the girls. If anyone, he was my brother, my best friend. He proved to be there for me more than anybody else could be in my darkest hours.