FA:TS- Chapter 25

Chapter Twenty-five

It took several hours before everything was settled. Dawn wouldn't let Patience hold her to get them to the airport. "Would you like to ride on my back? You could hold on to me instead of me to you."

Dawn timidly nodded with unsteady movements. Mark caressed her arm. "Don't worry. I'll be right beside you riding on back of Parro."

"I don't see why she can't just move us all to the air field." Targ grumbled.

Dawn looked at him and shook her head. "Too many people. I'm not strong enough to transport so many. I feel a little drained from just Mark and I. I know I'll pass out if I try with everyone at once."

Mark tilted his head to the side. "But you only shifted us once. You could be stronger by now."

Dawn shook her head. "I'm not. I can feel it."

"We should get going. Your flight won't wait for very long." Patience said looking down at her watch. She smirked as she crouched down. "Shall we?"

Dawn looked up at Mark. He knew she was scared and looked to him for comfort. He smiled as he leaned forward and kissed her. Her breathe was taken away with his kissed. When he pulled away, she was in a daze. Chuckling, he guided her to Patience and helped her to get settled for her flight through the city. He had to do something for her to calm her. His kiss was the fastest thing he could think of to make her more complacent to flying this way.

He got on Parro's back keeping his eyes on Dawn as she did him. He was only partially conscious to Targ and Pana taking their positions on their 'rides'. All Mark cared for was keeping Dawn calm. And if keeping eye contact with her does that, then so be it.

"Okay. Here we go." Angel Kat said making Dawn squeeze a little tighter around Patience's neck. Mark could also hear Targ's whimpers but he dare not take his eyes away from Dawn's.

In one swift motion, they were all in the air. Dawn shook with fear but was mellowed enough because of Mark. His eyes reassured her that everything was going to alright because he was there with her.

Halfway through the ride, Patience and all the flyers had to bank around a building. The second Dawn's eyes lost Mark's, she started to tremble. She clamped her eyes shut and started to sob.

"Mark!" Patience shouted as the group got back into their formation. "She's freaking out!"

Mark could see Dawn physically trembling bad. He could also see Patience feeling a little uncomfortable with Dawn's grip. "Dawn!" She jolted and trembled more burying her head into Patience's shoulder. "I need to get closer. I fear she'll pop out any second."

Parro nodded and shifted them closer. "You're in touching distance if you need it." Mark looked up and saw Dawn cowering on Patience's back.

Mark hooked his legs around Parro's waist before he sat up and reached for Dawn. He caressed her arm. Her head shot forward to looked right at him. "It's alright. I'm right here with you. Always."

He saw her loosening up. Dawn reached out to him while still holding on. He took her hand and kissed it. Her panic slowly receded as she stared into his eyes again.

"We're going to move back into line now. Follow me. Watch me." Dawn nodded.

Mark tapped on Parro's shoulder. Parro eased away with Mark still sitting up precariously on his back. Slowly he moved so Mark didn't break his eye contact with Dawn. They didn't need Dawn, with all she could do, to lose control.

Thankfully the rest of the trip to the air field was much better. Dawn and Mark never lost eye contact with each other. Parro and Patience made sure when they took corners, to take them as if they were one.