FA:TS- Chapter 6

Chapter Six

Patience just finished another sketch and handed the whole sketchbook to one of her co-workers. Well he was more like her employee since she was the owner of her agency. And he was her assistant as a more defined title. "Lets see if this will help us find that missing six year old." He nodded and walked out of the door excusing himself.

Now she just needed to wait for Targ to arrive. He had called and asked if she could help him with something. He wanted to try and find someone. He sounded like he was excited to start looking. Beyond excited. He sounded like a little kid to her ears.

She turned around when the doors opened and smiled brightly. She got up from her desk and hugged her brother. Targ wasn't her blood brother, but she thought of him as her brother after he helped to rescue her from the one they called Father. The man who created the serum that changed their lives forever and saved their lives at the same time.

"How are you Targ?" She asked him in their hug. They have talked through Targ's special way, but she always like asking anyways.

He smiled as he hugged her tighter. "Very good. Got Father's room dealt with and Pana was moving our stuff in there when I left." He pulled back. "Speaking of Father's room. I found a very old journal of his." He grinned like a giddy school boy. "It's from the time he created the serum. It didn't just come to him. A person was dropped into his lap that had unusual blood to begin with."

Patience looked wide eyed. "There's someone out there that looks normal, but isn't?" Her eyes shot wide. "Wait. You're looking for her?!"

"Huh? How did you...? Did you just foresee me asking just now?"

"Nope. We are all looking for her. She saved a bunch of people during a bank robbery. The city wants to thank her and Angel Kat wants to meet her personally."

"Wow. How did she save them?" His curiosity was peaked. This was better than he thought. But he couldn't be positive that she was the source.

"Come see. We have been analyzing the footage for the past two days." She lead him to the tech room. Inside the room, there were seven monitors with two men in semi see-through back computer chairs. Both were doing several things at once on those monitors.

"Hey boss. Nothing clear yet on that bank footage. I hate out-of-date systems."

"Thanks Nate. I wanted to show Targ the footage."

"Sure thang. Up on the center large monitor for ya." His southern accent coming out thicker than before as he shifted things around.

Targ stepped tentatively forward as the men paused everything to watch the footage again. They sat back and pushed play. Sound filtered from speaker all around them as the screen came to life. Targ was in awe seeing the woman seemed to move so quickly and then the bullets stop mid-air. The footage zoomed in and she through her arm out and the bullets vanished. He couldn't believe that a normal looking person could do that. That he didn't think a creation could do that either.

"From the reports, the bullets turned to dust, and the air looked like it shimmered." Patience supplied as Targ stared at the screen seeing the shocked look on her face. More like a look of disbelief.

Targ watched as Parro walked up behind her. He could see the concerned look on Parro's face. As soon as Parro touched her shoulder, the girl ran. Parro tried to keep up with her but couldn't. She was just so fast. The camera angle changed and she ran toward a wall. Targ stepped back when she just went right through the wall. Parro got there a second later and smacked into the wall feeling it and finding no entrance.

"She is really powerful."

"We are trying to come up with what her gift is and why she ran." Patience said as she looked up at Targ.

Nate turned around in his chair. "My theory is that she is afraid of people knowing what she can do. Possibly could have been that way for a long time."

The other guy paused from what he had started back to work on. "Mine is that she just didn't want anyone to know her or thank her. She could be the true hero type." He started his work again.

"There are others. Most agree that she was frightened because she revealed her ability and that's the reason she ran."

Targ looked at Patience. "Where did she go? To the other side of the wall?"

Patience shook her head. "Somewhere else. She didn't just pass through the wall. She went somewhere farther away. Like she shifted to another area all together." She looked impressed.

"Do you think she could be the source?"

"I don't know. Did you bring the journal with you?"

Targ smiled and nodded. He dug into his bag and removed the leather journal. "I have been reading and found interesting things about how Father came up with the serum."

"May I hold it?"

He shrugged. "Sure." He handed her the journal.

The first thing to pass through her mind was a replay of the vision she had when Mark kissed her cheek. Him sitting next to the girl on a rock under the weeping willows next to the lake.

Patience shook her head as she felt like she had a feedback. "Patience?" Targ put an arm around her and guided her to a seat in her office. "You alright?"

"Yeah. That was strange. Like an echo of a vision I already had."

Targ pulled up a seat in front of her. "What vision?"

"It's already passed. I saw Mark and this girl he took a picture of sitting together in the park. That happened this morning before I called him to cancel our appointment." She felt a slight bussed from the feedback.

"And you got this echo when you touched the journal?" She nodded. "Tell me about this girl." Patience went through everything she knew about the girl. In the end Targ hung his head. "That can't be the Source I'm looking for. She'd have to be older than that girl is. By twenty years at least."

"Sorry for getting your hopes up. I'll still try to help any way I can." She felt like she was letting him down by her faulty visions.

Targ pulled her to him and kissed her forehead. "Thank you sister. I'm just so curious about who she is that started it all. Our Mother in a way."

"Are you staying till you find her?"

"That was the plan. Pana will come here in about two weeks if we hadn't found the Source."

"Well. I hope it doesn't take us that long to find her."

"Me too."

~