FA:TS- Chapter 22

Chapter Twenty-two

Dawn smiled when she woke up. She had done that a lot yesterday, especially last night. It was all because of Mark. He had started to take down her walls. Brick by brick. Already a decade's worth of bricks were taken down and placed on the ground around her heart.

Her eyes adjusted to Mark's sleeping face. Just like yesterday morning. Both times he was turned toward her with his hand holding hers. Today he was on his back with his face turned toward her. His feet tangled lightly with hers and his free hand rested on his abdomen. His sheets were tangled with their legs.

She voicelessly giggled as she escaped the bed like yesterday. She just 'popped' or 'shifted' out of bed to stand looking at him as the sheets fluttered down to the bed covering where she had just been.

Also like yesterday, Mark's hand stretched a little trying to find her hand again. His body shifted into another position. He was subconsciously trying to find her. To find her warmth and essence.

Dawn studied him as his body got comfortable. When it did, she went to her bags of clothes and then went for her shower. She was feeling more confident in herself and using Mark's shower without any worries. She could strip without her shyness and step into the warm water.

She almost felt like singing at how happy Mark has made her feel. She walked through his..their place with a spring in her step. She danced around as she started breakfast. She didn't want to stop herself from feeling this sensation again.

She giggle the moment she heard Mark groan awake. His groan was sweet because it meant that he could smell the coffee she had put on for him. His footsteps as he walked through the condo weren't like yesterday. They seemed groggy like his groan.

She had just poured his cup of coffee as he appeared at the door. "God you're perfect!" He exclaimed as he gave her a small peck on the lips before he took the mug from her and put his sugar and cream in it.

Dawn just giggled and took the plates of eggs to the table. Mark followed in his robe to cover his silk boxers he was wearing to sleep in. He couldn't help but be delighted to hear her laugh first thing in the morning.

"Oh. Do you get the paper? I could go get it for you."

Mark smirk at how different Dawn seemed. So much brighter than before. Did their date really do so much for her? "Darius got me a free subscription for being good at his wedding. Should be on the mat outside the door."

Dawn skipped over to the front door and opened it. She smiled as she crouched down to pick up the rolled newspaper.

"Well look-y here. If it isn't mystery girl Dawn." Dawn snapped her head up to see a man smiling mischievously to her. He was leaned against an adjacent doorway with a paper lazily held in his hands. He looked casually at her. He looked like he was about to lick his lips at her.

Dawn clenched the paper to her chest as she took a step back. She heard Mark's chair scrap and his hurried footsteps from behind her. "You okay Dawn?" He looked at her then down the hall. His shoulders fell at seeing Joseph appeasing Dawn.

"I see you caught the prize."

"Don't be a dick Joseph." Mark turned to Dawn. "If you don't feel comfortable, then go back inside. Alright?" She gave a stiff nod that looked like a thank you. Mark growled on the inside when he turned back to Joseph and glared.

"What?" Joseph said trying to sound innocent. His goofy grin was saying it all. He like what he saw.

"Just keep your hands to yourself. And be nice to her or you'll find your balls at the pub down the street."