Chapter 16

Since her little display of ability the brothers have been extra watchful around her as if waiting for it to happen again. Deva could feel their guardian eyes watch her like a child and it irritated her. Her dark side should be something to be embraced, not punished. It wasn't like the two prisoners didn't deserve it. Her actions were technically justified. She could still feel their energy coursing through her veins.

The halls seemed empty as she gradually made her way towards her room, in no rush at all. She felt like crap, not physically but emotionally. Everything was piling on and she wasn't sure how much more she could take. Her life was basically a roller coaster that had no direction. Anything could happen at any given moment.  

In her room she was greeted by two dark figures lurking the corners. Their faces registered in her head but she never thought she'd see the day when they both would be, by choice, in the same room, not trying to rip each other apart.

"Gentlemen," she nodded to each in passing.

Reaching her nightstand she pulled off her necklace and started to unbutton her sweater. A shower was strongly needed.

"Deva," Adamarius' low voice filled the quiet room but she did not stop to give him her attention.

"Deva," this time it was Darius' voice that was laced with firm worry.

She mentally rolled her eyes and continued to take her sweater off. Again her name was said by both men at the same time. She stopped her movements and stared at both of them; back and forth her eyes went to each one from blue to green eyes.

It's not that she was cold and didn't have any compassion left in her. No, it wasn't that. What was she supposed to say to the two men she cared about the most. What was she supposed to do to soothe their minds of worry? She knew they were fearful of her new ability and how it would affect her in the future.

"What?" Her eyes went up to the ceiling. Having them both so close was nerve racking.

"Deva you need to rest." Adamarius was always telling her what she needed.

"No, what I need is a shower." She crossed her arms and dropped her eyes to lock onto his.

"How do you feel Deva?" His soft caring voice invited her to face him.

She raised her brow at Darius. "Considering I took the energy source from two vampires a few days ago I honestly feel renewed. I'm not even thirsty."

That was what he wanted to hear right, how she was coping. His sad expression made a weak smile appear on her lips.

"I know what I did was wrong. I was just confused and mad and I..."

"You don't have to explain Deva. We understand. We're just worried about you."

"So you've decided to join forces." She wanted to laugh at the ridiculous thought.

Adamarius shuffled his feet. "At the moment and when it comes to you, yes."

She hated herself. Why did she always have to make things worse? "I'm sorry." She whispered in such a soft defeated tone that both brothers took a step closer in hopes of comforting her.

"Princess," Jeffrey's voice came with the sound of a  knock.

"Come in," she replied instantly.

The intense vulnerable moment she was having, was not a good idea to have with two men that loved her.

"Princess the Queen wishes to speak to you."

Deva nodded and Jeffrey walked off. The room stayed quiet for a few more seconds till she finally spoke, lifting the dreaded strain on all their backs.