Chapter14

Deva woke up to an empty bed. She ran her hands over the covers searching for him but Adamarius was nowhere near her bed. She rose and found a note placed on the pillow he was laying on just a few hours ago.

‘Roses are red, violence is hot, watching you last night made me love it a lot.’

Deva burst into a fit of laughter. Of course Adamarius found humor in her killing last night.

‘I’m sorry I left you this morning, beautiful. I have a few errands to do but I’ll meet up with you as soon as I can. I love you, my badass princess.’

Deva rolled her eyes and crawled out of bed. She figured a quick shower would wake her up so she could face the rest of the day.

Throwing on a pair of black jeans and grey sweater Deva walked out and headed towards the sun room where she heard other familiar voices coming from.

Inside Julia, Marcus, and Izzy were gossiping on the couch while Red was sitting at the table stuffing her face and giving the goggling eye to Darius.

“Deva!”

Both Julia and Izzy came running towards her to embrace her in a tight hug.

“I’m so glad you’re okay. I can’t believe that actually happened to you last night.” Julia gushed.

“Me either,” Deva mumbled.

“Yes we’re all so glad that you came out alive. God forbid if anything happened to you Deva,” Red’s voice was spilling with mockery and Deva didn’t like it one bit.

She let her lycan side take over because the control of hatred for the vile human was becoming too great. Deva flashed in front of Red and grabbed her by the throat. Her grip wasn’t that tight but she could easily adjust that. No one tried to stop her attempt, not even Darius.

“You should remember Red that the only reason I am letting you live is because you are carrying Darius’ heir.”

As soon as she spoke the words ‘Darius’ heir’ Deva saw a hint of guilt and fear run in Red’s eyes.

Something was wrong. The look on Red’s face was so distinct that Deva almost immediately knew what kind of secret she was keeping from everyone.

Deva let her go and fell back into the chair, laughing cynically.

“Oh wow. I can’t believe I didn’t see this.”

Red’s face was slightly red from the air loss. She coughed a few times and stared back at Deva’s serious masochistic face.

“Will you like to tell them or shall I?” Deva played, knowing that Red knew exactly what she was talking about.

“Tell us what?” Izzy hovered closer to where they were seated.

“Go on Red. Darius deserves to know.” Red stayed silent so Deva used her ability. “Tell Darius your deep dark secret little Red.”

“What is it?” Darius stood planted in front of Red and noted the fear written clear on Red’s face.

“It’s not your baby,” Red choked out. “I only pretended it was because I wanted to be with you.”

Deva heard another person come into the room and knew it was Adamarius. The presence of his arrived had instantaneously melted her hostile intentions.