Chapter 19

Deva stirred as the light from the sun hit her eyes but yet she refused to wake up. For some reason she felt completely exhausted.

A rain of tiny kisses went up from her chest to her throat.

“Mmmmm.”

“It’s time to wake up beautiful,” his soft husky voice said between kisses.

She shook her head, determined to have her way. A low chuckle came from his lips and again her neck was being covered with lustrous kisses. His hand went inside her shirt and started grazing the skin on her side hip. The warmth of his touch and the sensation of his lips on her skin made a small moan escape her lips.

“Marius,” her voice was soft and shaky.

She could feel it was him through their link. The emotions and lust flowing through his system was clashing with her own, confusing her thoughts.

“You’re too irresistible in the morning,” he said placing one final kiss on her temple.

She laughed knowing very well that her hair must be facing every direction and she was sure her makeup was smeared all over.

“And you mutt, are a very good liar.” She got up to place a kiss on his nose.

“I’m not lying.”

She rolled her eyes and decided to not argue. It was too early for that. She shifted the other way and snuggled the blankets closer to her chest.

“You really should get up. It’s half past twelve.”

Deva groaned and figured he was right but as soon as she sat up her head crumbled with pain; a piercing pain that etched its way from the back of her head to her temples. She wasn’t sure what caused it but she sure wished it would go away with some painkillers.

“What happened last night?”

Adamarius’ face grew still and his green eyes darkened a shade. “The lycans pledged their loyalty to you.”

“Yes. I remember that part but what happened after. I don’t even remember getting into bed,” Deva asked confused.

“Well I think the stress and all the chaos happening has finally affected you. You sort of just fainted from a massive headache.”

Deva had never fainted in her life and she thought with her new powers that fainting was like impossible. Then again it would explain why her head felt like it was literally splitting into two halves.

“I fainted?”

Adamarius nodded. “I carried you back here. You needed rest.” He took her hands in his own. “I’m so sorry Deva I should have known the mental stress you were going through. I shouldn’t have made you go out.”

She wasn’t a child so naturally she felt a little embarrassed. Fainting was for damsels in distress. Deva was no damsel.

“No. You had no idea. I’m fine now.”

He cupped her face. “So you’re not mad at me anymore?”

“Why should I be?”

“For asking you to run away with me. I never meant for you to neglect your duties because I know you’re better than that.” His thumb began to seductively caress her cheek. “I just want you all to myself.”

His innocent eyes were pleading in a way she had never seen before. There was no way she could keep a straight face with his puppy eyes melting her to her core.

“I’m not mad.”

Adamarius leaned in quickly and pecked her lips. “I have something for you.”