Chapter 22

Two weeks had passed since their wedding day. The time away from the castle was tranquil and exactly what they needed. Deva was finding out new things about Darius that she didn't know before. 

They were still in bliss and on cloud nine.

Deva rested her head back against the edge of the tub in a relaxing position. Darius was in the other room taking an important phone call from someone at the castle.

Deva was enjoying her time away from the kingdom and honestly didn't want to go back. But she had a duty and a title to uphold now.

Looking out into the blank blue sky in front of her Deva did something she promised she wouldn't do. She let her mind wonder away from Darius and away from their honeymoon and she started thinking about Adamarius.

She hated herself for thinking about him after everything he did to her; the lies and betrayal. She couldn't help it though. Darius' bite mark had somewhat stopped the connection but if she really focused she could sense him.

She knew for a fact Adamarius wasn't physically hurt.  She would have felt it herself.

Emotionally she felt his pain. Adamarius was weak and shattered in turmoil. She refused to feel sorry for him. He had brought it upon himself. He should have been honest from the beginning.

But would that have made a difference? If he told her the true from the beginning would she still be with Darius? 

She felt like she knew the answer but then again she was not the same person a few months ago.

"What are you thinking about?"

His voice startled her. "Nothing," she replied and hoped he'd believe her.

His face told her otherwise. He could practically taste her lie.

"Tell me sweetheart. What is on your mind?"

Darius sat on the edge of the tub and waited for her to confess. Could she tell him? No, she didn't want to upset him.

"It was nothing." She turned her gaze to the outside scenery but he cupped her face and forced her to look at him.

"Deva, you can tell me." His eyes were telling her he already knew where her mind was and who she was thinking about.

"I can feel his pain."

Darius sighed. He knew that the mark Adamarius gave her would always link her to him.

"Deva, don't."

She hated hurting him. By talking about Adamarius she knew she was hurting her husband.

"I'm sorry. I blocked him but somehow he finds his way in."

Darius got up and started stripping off his clothes. His face was blank and telling her nothing.

Was he mad?

His beautiful body was bare and openly exposed to her, reminding her that he was all hers.

Darius gracefully got into the tub, keeping his eyes locked onto his wife's. He maneuvered himself on top of her but kept most of his weight off her. Her breathing hitched up a bit due to his closeness.

His kissed her ever so gently. "I am going to erase him out of your mind."

Again his lips captured hers and they moved in sync.

"You are mine," he whispered before pulling her naked chest to his. "I don't want you to ever think about him again."

His husky commanding voice was laced with seductive persuasion. She pulled his face forward and did as he said. Darius had a way of making everything else disappear for her. And she knew that with him by her side she would never think about Adamarius again. After all she did have Darius; the love of her life and other half of her soul.

Adamarius opened his eyes but saw nothing but the bars caging him in. He was locked, trapped, and tossed aside for God knows how long. Lucian teleported him to a cell that was highly unbreakable.

Minutes felt like days and days felt like years.

He heard voices from time to time but it was usually quieter than death. By piecing together bits of the conversations he heard, Adamarius had figured out that he was in King Raphael's castle. He smiled at the ironic thought.

Of course he knew some sort of punishment would happen, after all he was behind the murder of King Asher. No one had been down to see him or even feed him. Adamarius was starving but for some reason he knew they wouldn't kill him. The look Darius had in his eyes was lethal but he would never go back on his word to Deva.

Adamarius slammed his head back against the wall hard and smelt his own blood. The thought of Deva killed him. There were so many things running through his mind.

Why couldn't it have gone like he planned? It was a perfect plan. Or perhaps honesty was a better way.

Would she have even given him a chance?

Not after Darius.

Adamarius cursed, regretting not taking her away when she was younger. He had watched over her for so long. He knew the great things she would be able to accomplish were unimaginable but he wanted her to grow up and have a normal life before everything in her life got twisted around.

He regretted it now.

Adamarius could feel her happiness and it only added to the gut wrenching stabs to his heart. It wasn't the last she would see of him. He was going to make it right. He didn't want her to have that image of him in her head. All he wanted was to protect her and love her.

He never meant to hurt her. 

No, he swore to himself. He was going to get out of this hell whole and when he did he would find a way to see her.

Even if it was the last thing he did. 

 ____________________

Any thoughts?

Again I posted the book trailer I made for the sequel on this page, so take a look. And if you're looking for more good reads check out my latest book "Divine Purpose"

Next book is  "Embracing Pain"  

It is on my profile and is even titled book 3 so there is no confusion. 

Thanks for reading.