Chapter 15

Elle had finally completed the transformation. Her head was pounding harder than a locomotive on train tracks. It was difficult to focus on her surroundings but she knew she wasn't home. The Victorian style room and high ceilings were definitely not anything she was used to seeing.

Elle tried pushing off the covers but she was quickly hit with a heat flash making her regret getting up. Gentle hands helped her steady. Elle looked up and found two beautiful blue grey eyes staring back down at her. 

"You need more rest." His velvet voice was soothing. 

"Where am I?" She couldn't remember much.

The last think she could concentrate on was Deva. Deva was alive.

"Where's Deva? Is she ok?" 

The beautiful stranger nodded. "Deva's fine. You're safe. All you need to focus on now is getting better." 

She was fine. Deva was ok. That put her mind at ease but where was she? Why couldn't she remember anything? 

"Here drink this. It will help you get your strength back." He handed her a white foamed cup with a straw.

Elle was so thirsty and hungry she didn't even care to ask what it was. The liquid slid down her throat and satisfied her every taste bud. It was nothing she had before but the strong taste of iron made her question. 

"Is this blood?" She was afraid to ask because she was enjoying it so much. 

He nodded never breaking his gaze. He was studying her. 

Blood? That was so wrong. It was sick and twisted yet she couldn't put it down. She loved the taste and wanted more. The cup was emptied in seconds. 

"What the hell is wrong with me?" 

He could see she was struggling with accepting the new reality.

His hand grasped hers. "You're no longer human Elle." 

How did he know her name? "Who are you?" 

His smile was warm and far too kind. "I'm Lucian, a friend of Deva's." 

He looked so much like Adamarius. She remembered him as the one Deva brought with her. He was a lycan. What was Lucian? 

"You're brothers with Darius, right? You're one of the princes?" Her memory was slowly coming back. 

"Yes you're right." Lucian was surprised with how much she knew. 

She dropped her gaze to her hands. "What did you mean by me no longer being human?" 

"You were stabbed and you lost a lot of blood. Deva couldn't watch you die. She asked me to turn you into a vampire." 

Elle shook her head. It had to be a sick joke. She thought Deva was lying about that part. How could this happen? 

"So you're trying to tell me I'm a vampire." Every word sounded as ridiculous as it came out. 

Lucian nodded. 

Elle shut her eyes but nothing would block the confusion and denial. It was insane but what else could explain the reason for her drinking blood. 

"How," her voice broke. She wanted to cry again. "How is this even possible?" 

Lucian cupped her face and forced her to look up at him. "I know this is a lot to take in but you are not alone. You don't have to go through this on your own." 

Tears spilled down but Elle nodded anyway. 

Lucian waited patiently by her side till her distress had finally past.