Chapter 12

Deva ripped her door open with too much force. She couldn't help the headache that was crawling its way to her temples. It felt like she was sitting in that room all day absorbing information with the council. It was required and put in her best interest to get acquainted with more queenly duties.

Deva knew that this time would have come, where she would be forced to learn the ins and outs of the kingdom but everything was being thrown at her all at once. She wasn't sure how much more she could take.

Of course Adamarius being there too was an upside and a rather wonderful distraction. Queen Emma's intentions were to get Adamarius familiar with the way their world worked. She figured Adamarius and Deva could use the time to get acquainted with each other since they both needed to learn the ways of their kingdom.

Little did she know that Deva was already getting very fond with her son. In fact Deva found it refreshing having Adamarius around catering to her needs. He listened to her and helped her in ways she figured a king would. Every decision he gave her was diplomatic and righteous.

He was slowly and most assuredly sneaking a way into her heart.

Deva's horrid mood just got worse at the sight of someone standing uninvited in her room.

"Get out of my room Red. Now is not the time to bitch about anything. My patience is out the window."

Red made no approach to leave which made Deva contemplate the many different ways she could get rid of the red puddle standing smugly in front of her.

"I'm here to give you a warning."

Deva raised her brow with wonder. Did Red really want to go there with a hybrid lycan/vampire?

"Stay away from Darius. He's mine."

Deva shook her head with frustration while mumbling, "You've got to be kidding me."

"I saw the way you were looking at him. It was pathetic really. Just stay away. He never wanted you anyway." Red's green eyes matched the envy radiating off her skin.

Deva had to laugh at her weak accusation. "Are you blind? I don't care about Darius or what skank he's with at the moment."

Red narrowed her eyes. "Sure you don't. Anyways I have nothing to worry about. You were nothing to him."

Deva couldn't wait to get Red out of her room and not just because she was choking on her cheap perfume but there was something about this conversation that Deva couldn't let go.

"I was nothing to him?" Deva repeated.

"Yes you heard me. All you were was a free card to the throne. He wanted to be king and he was willing to do anything to get it. Even put up with you." Red's voice was filled jealous hate.

"I'm sure that's all I was." Deva spoke with sarcasm dripping with each word.

Deva had no energy to argue. If Red was right, which she highly doubted, then it didn't matter anyway. They were never going to be together and Darius was never going to be king. The conversation was meaningless.

"Get out of my room." Deva threatened.

 When Red saw that Deva didn't care she tried rubbing it in her face. "You're pathetic. He lied to you to get to the throne. That's what he does isn't it? He is a vampire after all."

Deva stood emotionless as she listened to Red's voice.

"He never wanted you."

Deva couldn't believe that. How many times did Darius confess his love to her?