Chapter 2

Deva found herself in front of the punching bag the next day violently abusing the heavy sack. Her anger and aggression coming out with each hard blow she forced. Harder and faster she hit till all her sufferings went away. The method seemed to work for a little while until she heard a sound from behind her.

"Deva you shouldn't be working out this hard." Lucian's low tone didn't alter her swinging form.

She wasn't surprised that it was Lucian who was interrupting her peace with demands.

"And you should stop telling me what to do."

"I'm only looking out for you."

Deva reluctantly stopped punching the bag and turned her head to the side to see him. "Well I didn't ask you to look after me; so maybe you should stop."

He didn't show how hurt he was by her resistance for his help. "No you didn't, but I can't stop. I care too much about you."

"You should stop and forget about me." She turned back towards the bag. "I'll only end up hurting you."

She started punching the bag again, ignoring his presence. Lucian took the hint and left the room so she could be alone with her thoughts. It was hard for him to do so, but he had no other choice. He couldn't force her to do anything she didn't want to do.

The fact was that she was slowly changing before his eyes. Her sweet sarcastic personality replaced with a cold hard shell that was getting emptier with each new pressure or force that was placed upon her. He knew she didn't want to stay, and, the more these bad things were happening to her, the more she lost the qualities that made her who she was before arriving to their world.

Deva finished her work out with a nice jog and couldn't believe it was already dark outside. She had spent most of her day in the gym just trying to get all the frustration out of her system.

The first thing she knew she wanted to do was take a shower to wash off all the sweat. The halls were dark and empty, and it made her wonder where everyone had gone.

Were they sleeping already? Impossible she thought.

The hall was much too quiet that it made her nervous and uneasy. Dark fears began to fill her mind. Her gentle steps were quieter than usual thanks to her discomfort, but if she hadn't, she wouldn't have heard the deep uneven breathing coming from behind her.

Something deep down inside told her it wasn't a vampire. It couldn't be because they were quiet, discrete creatures. That was when her fears intensified. She didn't want to look behind and have her nightmare come true.

Everything in her body was telling her not to look back, but she knew she had to. Slowly Deva turned her head as she picked up her pace.

Standing at the end of hall stood her deep dark fear. The hairy beast heaved through his panting, and she watched as he rocked from side to side just staring at her. Ice cold chills pinched throughout her body as she watched him begin walking towards her.

Her senses quickly shot into action, and she began to race down the hall. Her body was yelling out to her in pain from the previous work out she had just finished. The sore aches were slowly crippling her, and she knew she wasn't going to last much longer. She saw the end of the hall and focused on reaching it, but was quickly pulled from the dream when her body was jerked back.

The lycan had his teeth sunk into her shirt before yanking her and throwing her into a room. Her body slammed into the far side of the wall before hitting the floor hard. She moaned in agony as the lycan predatorily stalked around her. He watched her struggle getting up, and his patience ended. The lycan lunged his massive body towards her and slammed her hard against the ground again.