Chapter 3

No one came looking for her after the incident and she understood why. The entire royal family was probably discussing and possibly arguing about the new member of their family.

Walking down the dreary hall Deva knew for a fact no one was down in the lycan's cell. They were too busy talking about him upstairs. That was why she took the opportunity to sneak down there before anyone caught her. Not that she feared they would but she knew no one wanted her down there alone with it.

Once again the room was bright with florescent lights guiding her vision to his human form chained to the back wall.

She took her time approaching him. He lazily drew up his head when she neared. His back was to the wall and his arms and legs to the side of his body shackled to the ground. Deva hadn't noticed before but his bare chest was massively huge. Even his muscles were bulging out of proportion. Perhaps it was a lycan thing. He was more heavily built than the princes.

They were more lean and sleek while the man in front of her was broad and big. His tan skin glistened with sweat showing off the ripples of his rock hard 8 pack. Even sitting down she could tell they were very impressive. She couldn't resist admiring the beautiful creature in front of her.

Her eyes appraisingly scanned every inch of muscle on his body before reaching his handsome face. His light brown hair was a mess of tousled curls and his green captivating eyes narrowed at her approach.

"You know drooling is not an attractive quality," his voice was husky with arrogance. He even sounded like the princes.

"This coming from a dog. How ironic?" Deva finally reached the edge of the bar cell. "Plus I've seen better."

"And I bet they were all identical." He flashed his sharp canine teeth with his reference to the three princes.

Irritation would not begin to describe the feeling she had towards him.

"What are you doing here?"

He rolled his eyes with boredom. "Why should I tell you?"

"Don't forget mutt you're the one chained to the wall like a showcased freak show not me."

He narrowed his eyes, a hint of evil within them. "I won't be chained up for long. I promise you that." He tilted his head to the right as if examining her. "It's funny how you think I'm the showcased one when obviously you are."

"What are you talking about?"

"Tell me princess did you come here willingly?" She didn't respond and he continued to taunt her. "Did they force you to stay?" She stayed silent. "That's what I thought. You are nothing but a pet to them. A pathetic little puppet for them to toss around and do whatever they want with."

"I'd be careful what I say if I were you."

He felt the trickling displeasure boiling inside of her like it was visible in the air.

"Aw pet did I get your panties in a wad?"

"Don't call me that mutt."

"But that's exactly what you are, a weak human that has no better use than to be a pet."

Deva paced the small area in front of him. "You keep this up dog and I'll put a muzzle over that fat mouth of yours."

He laughed. Even though the sound resembled the princes’ it was completely different in tone.

Deva crossed her arms over her chest and stared him down stopping at his ripped abs. She noticed a faint scare on the side of his ribcage. He dropped his gaze to where she was looking.