Chapter 21

Planning their wedding was a lot simpler than Deva thought since Izzy had been planning it for a while now. Izzy had predicted a wedding would happen so she took the liberty of taking care of a few things. All Deva had to do was have a few inputs on flowers and colors but other than that Izzy had Deva's style of wedding down to a perfect estimate.

It was all happening so fast but Deva didn't mind in the least. She wanted to be married to Darius as soon as possible. There was no point in waiting. She knew what she wanted and what she couldn't live without and that was Darius. He was all she needed.

Deva found herself being strapped into a wedding dress by very rough and demanding hands. The dressmaker was known for her magnificent dresses and had been working on the future Queen's dress for months.

Once the last ribbon was tied and tucked away Izzy, Julia, and Elle all gave her a blank awestruck look.

Deva couldn't hold the suspense any longer she had to see what she looked like in her custom made wedding dress. She turned to the mirror and held her breath.  She couldn't believe how perfect the dress was.

The gorgeous white lace material covered her top to bottom. The bodice was hugging her curvy hips but slowly and gently flared out to a full skirt. Deva ran her hand down the perfect gown.

"This is my dress," Deva gawked, suddenly the moment turned to reality.

Izzy stood up quickly. "Yes Deva. It's absolutely perfect for you."

Deva nodded. She couldn't agree more. It was all sinking in now. She was a bride; she was going to get married. All of it was hitting home so fast. In less than a few hours Deva would be married to Darius.

There was only one night separating them from being husband and wife and also King and Queen.

Elle hugged her sister. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks."

Deva and the girls spent the rest of the day going over minor details for the wedding. Most of it was already settled thanks to Izzy and Julia's handy work.

Deva made her way towards the kitchen, a place she hadn't visited in a while. And like old times she found Chef scrambling things over a pot.

Antonio lifted his head as soon as he heard someone enter. His face lit up and he went to her to engulf her in a tight bear hug.

"Aww bella congratulation."

"Thank you." She took a step back and he led her to a chair.

"I have been preparing a feast for your wedding and with all of your favorite foods," he said handing her a plate to taste.

"It's going to be wonderful. Thank you. I love your food." She waited a moment before asking him something that had been on her mind for a while now.

"Antonio?"

"Yes bella."

She took his hand in her own. "Since I've come to this place you have shown me nothing but kindness and I'm so grateful for that. I was wondering if you would walk me down the aisle. You have treated me like a daughter and I consider you a father figure so..."

His bright warm smile told her enough. "I would be honored."

Deva got up and hugged him one more time. "Thank you for helping me when I needed it."

It was a peaceful night and Deva was all alone in her room. The girls were planning a huge sleepover in tribute to Deva's last night as a single woman but thought better of it when they noticed small bags under Deva's eyes.