Chapter Nineteen

Damion

“My mom hates it when people chew with their mouths open,” Kayla explains as she steps out of the car, “And don’t sit at the head of the table, that’s were dad sits,” she adds. I nod, trying to take everything in as we walk along her parent’s long, stoned pathway, “And he tells millions of stories and you’ll get bored after the second one, so just try to look a little interested.” 

She continues to explain various house rules but my mind suddenly begins to trail off as she walks in front of me, giving me a clear view of the outline of her defined ass in her pink dress. I smirk, her stomach hasn’t been the only thing that’s been growing, her breast has been rather appealing to wake up next to in the morning.

Kayla disrupts my thoughts by asking, “Did you get all of that?” as she turns around.

“Uh huh,” I lie. I place my arm around her waist before deeply inhaling, “Things are going to run smoothly,” I say, not only reassuring her, but also myself as I try to conceal my nerves.

“Yeah, besides, my mom practically told me that she likes you,” she explains. As Kayla knocks on the door with the lion shaped, brass door knocker, her gentle knock loudly echoes into the house, leading her to slightly jump. I chuckle as I tightly grasp hold of the bottle of wine, waiting for the door to open. An unrecognisable shadow walks near to the door before subsequently opening the door.

Natalie then appears in the doorway, wearing a studded, leather jacket along with black leggings and a tie dyed crop top as she gleefully smiles. “Hey,” she grins as she runs her fingers through her wavy, blonde hair.

I smile, raising my hand to say hello as I follow Kayla inside of the house. We enter into a spacious hallway and I can’t help but trace my finger along the cream wallpaper with a faint silver design. The carpet is cream, mainly covered by a silver rug which leads into a distant room. There is a large mirror hanging on the wall and I quickly fix my hair and straighten my collar.

“What’s that in your ear?” Kayla sharply asks, as she holds back Natalie’s hair from around her ear, revealing a small, sparkling diamond earring in the top of her ear.

She giggles, “I got it pierced last week,” she says as she covers it back with her hair.

Kayla raises her eyebrows and shakes her head, “Well don’t come complaining to me when mom finds out and goes crazy.”

Natalie shrugs as she leads us into the living area, where Kayla’s father is seated upright in the brown arm chair, reading the newspaper. He looks up as we enter the room, suddenly smiling and standing up as he places the newspaper on the glass centred table. “Darling,” he says as opens his arms, welcoming Kayla into a hug.

A bright smile expands across Kayla’s face as she enters into his arms, hugging him tightly. He lets out a laugh, “Well don’t you look lovely? You can definitely see your bun cooking in the oven now,” he says, smiling at her stomach.

“Well thank you,” she smiles, “You’re looking pretty good too daddy.” I smile; loving being able to see how care free and relaxed Kayla is when she’s her around her family.

“Thank you and your mother's in the kitchen,” he informs. Kayla turns to face me and smiles before walking away into the kitchen, where I can just make out the figure of her mother.

“Hello sir, I mean Howard,” I smile as I offer my hand.

He chuckles, ignoring my handshake and instead drawing me into a hug, “Nice seeing you again Daniel.”

I decide not to correct him but chuckle instead as I return his friendly hug, “Likewise.”

“Why don’t you have a seat?” he offers as he sits back down.