CHAPTER 39

A/N: not edited.

Chapter 39 – Chris POV

I was exhausted. We were exhausted. Dead tired drained. Five days from finding out that we had two children in the world. Logan had found nothing. Zilch about this Lynda person. He brought Tomas here. I wanted to be there when he questioned him. So two days ago I paid a visit to the concrete room Logan had first brought me into. Tied or well shackled to a chair I stood seething watching this – this – I don’t know what to fucking call him because genitalia aside he wasn’t a man. He wasn’t a ‘stand up guy’ because real men don’t prey on fucking little children.

He groaned opening his eyes, blinking rapidly, shaking his head confused, “What… where am I?” he murmured struggling against the restraints. Nothing his body after, “W-Why am I naked?” the panic in his voice pleased me. I looked at the piece of shit that terrorized my children, hurt them in unfathomable ways. No justice. None. How could he hurt them those ways?

He had children of his own, a father himself. How could he live with himself? How could he leave his family safe and sound, traveling from southern Indiana nearly 500 plus miles to hurt Rainy and the babies? So yeah I was feeling everything, from anger to even pity for this poor excuse sitting in front of me.

What really threw me was the other man here now… he looked oddly familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on it. Well until Logan said his last name, Gavino.

Gabriel Gavino.

Then it rang clear. He was American Italian Mafia.

When I asked why he was here Logan just shrugged, ‘there are no lines that he won’t cross… and he doesn’t want that kind of blood on my hands.’

It made sense because sitting next to Tomas was his human mate, Jewel Morris.

She however wasn’t ‘coming to,’ she had been awake and crying, repeatedly asking what was going on. Gabriel didn’t answer. She questioned us about her children. He didn’t answer.

“Tomas,” she whimpered and that really caught his attention. That’s when he really started trying to get free.

‘What are we doing here?” he asked in a demanding tone.

“I don’t know, Tomas, why don’t you look to my right and answer your own fucking question?” he focused on me on and his face remained blank. Huh.

“How about you stop with the fucking merry go round and let me and my wife out of here-”

“Whom did you sell the two babies to?” Gabriel interrupted, cutting to the heart of the matter. Jewel gasped shaking her head, “My husband would never-”

“Really? He touches them, selling them fits right in…” Gabriel gritted out, snapping at her, but she’s shaking her head at me. As Us. It’s a kick in the stomach. How was she so naïve? I was naïve once, fooled by my own brother and sister-in-law.