CHAPTER 10

Chapter Ten- Impossible

I was asleep, I’m sure that I was asleep because one minute I was in my bed and in the next I was falling on cold concrete. As I fell I was extremely startled because if I had fell out of bed then I should be on those outrageous shag carpets Anna chose. Hurriedly coming to my sense I stumbled to my feet, eyes wide taking in my surroundings, one minute things were okay, I remembered the sex with Anna and then going to sleep. As I got my bearings I focused on the two people in front of me, but not for long because my wolf started howling, going crazy.

Mate is here he said.

Which confused me because our mate was dead; I answered quickly thinking of Emma.

No smell, mate is here.

As I looked at the two people I knew the man was Logan, I spit out questions but after some time he just grabbed my biceps pulling me into a room with loads of medical equipment, the kind you see in an emergency room. But what really caught my attention was the gurney, not really the bed but the sick as hell, weak looking female werewolf lying on the bed.

“Mate!” I growled my wolf practically taking over using my legs to bring him closer to his mate. As we got closer I could see this wolf was malnourished, had burnt areas of skin, low heart rate and smelled greatly of toxic medications and much wolves bane. The woman who I speculated was a doctor moved away from my mate, very wise of her. I said down, perched myself on the side of her bed, I raised my hand, to glide my hand over her back but the annoying woman spoke, “she has 2 fractured ribs”

“Who hurt mate?” My wolf asked but no one answered, I was fighting for control but it was Logan that got through to my wolf.
“Give control back to Chris, your mate needs to shift back to her human form.”

I could feel the struggle my wolf was having with relenting control, but finally he did so while repeating in my head save mate! Save mate! Save mate!

I had so many questions but none were important right now, but still the floated around my mind.

How had Logan been able to fine Emma?

Emma was human who changed her?

Why had they kept her locked up and starved?

Why fake her death?

Who were these people who hurt my mate?

“Her wolf name is Xenia,” said the annoying woman.